Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Cake Decorating Techniques (208)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tinting and Painting gum paste/fondant

Can you guys give me the best way to tint or paint on gum paste or fondant?  I have been making my cutouts out of white and then painiting…

Started by Gretchen Belsome

6 May 26, 2010
Reply by Karen Marie

Fondant Cutouts/Royal Icing Flowers Added to a Ganache Covered Cake....

Question from a newbie: Has anyone added fondant cutouts, royal icing flowers to a cake covered in ganache?  Does that hold up okay?  Thank…

Started by Rosann Testa

4 May 23, 2010
Reply by Rosann Testa

Has anyone tried Martha Stewart or other punches on fondant

Hi, i've learned that people are using punches for fondant and they come out really good, they roll it out really thin, let it sit for abou…

Started by diane kilgore

9 May 16, 2010
Reply by jeri c

SOOOO EXCITED!!! Doin' the HAPPY DANCE HERE!!!!

My new video from Edna De La Cruz.... Blooms & Vines came today!  Am going to watch it tonight.  Sooooo excited!  Edna is such a great…

Started by jeri c

5 May 12, 2010
Reply by jeri c

found a book on way's to use tips

Hi all, i've played around with my tips, and someone suggested wilton the uses of the most popular decorating tips, it's a good book, it do…

Started by diane kilgore

5 May 9, 2010
Reply by diane kilgore

What's the secret to a #70 tip?

I tried to make royal icing lilies yesterday using a #70 tip.  Could not for the life of me  get a  nice sharp point at the end of my petal…

Started by Kathy Kmonk

8 May 8, 2010
Reply by Kathy Kmonk

Gerbera Daisies

I need to make some Gerbera Daisies for a cake next week.  I tried making them with a mixture of gumpaste and fondant but once dried some p…

Started by Teresita (Terry) Hernandez

4 May 6, 2010
Reply by Teresita (Terry) Hernandez

Beginner Needs help with MAJOR SENIOR PROJECT

Hi! my name is Hailey, and i'm doing a project on cake decorating! I am new to the community but i am willing to learn everything! My end p…

Started by Hailey

9 Apr 29, 2010
Reply by kolawole morounmubo

Sugar JEWELS or BLING

I am not keen on using non-edible jewels on cakes but love the idea of gems on cakes and I have seen a lot of examples in USA that are magn…

Started by Gary Chapman

11 Apr 28, 2010
Reply by Majelita Fidler

Isomalt

I was wondering what Isomalt tastes like?  Does it have that artificial sweetener taste?  I'd love to try making some jewels (what little g…

Started by Eileen S

4 Apr 27, 2010
Reply by Eileen S

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service