Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Cake Decorating (1,973)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Dairy-free Buttercream made with Soy Milk?

I'm looking for a way to make dairy-free buttercream.  I know you can use all-shortening and water instead of butter and milk, but that fro…

Started by Eileen S

5 Mar 26, 2010
Reply by Dena Bryngelson

Wedding cake ideas anyone?

I have a bride who wants a wedding cake incorporating red, black, possibly ivory, and a key somehow.  The couple met when she lost her keys…

Started by Anita Lyons

6 Mar 26, 2010
Reply by Tanya

How do I add pix ?

Hello everyone!!! I have a question I have always decorated w butter cream or whip cream but want to learn to dec w fond I bought a small p…

Started by Sonia

2 Mar 26, 2010
Reply by Sonia

flavored cakes

Does anyone have a moist lemony cake recipe they can share. I have a shower cake to make and she wants lemon cake with raspberry. I would l…

Started by Carol Lageson

5 Mar 26, 2010
Reply by jeri c

Costco Powdered Sugar

Has anyone had trouble with the Costco powdered sugar? I think there must be a higher percentage of cornstarch in it, because I have to thr…

Started by Theresa Happe

7 Mar 25, 2010
Reply by Diana Viera

Working with gum paste

I recently started working with gum paste.  I LOVE how my flowers have turned out but I'm having issues with the gum paste sticking to my s…

Started by CornerSpace Cakes

14 Mar 25, 2010
Reply by Cakes By Livia

Brush Embroidery Templates?

I'm doing a 3 tier cake that is going to be decorated with brush embroidered flowers. I have Toba Garrett's professional cake decorating bo…

Started by Amanda Garcia

1 Mar 24, 2010
Reply by Amanda Garcia

New to cake decorating: CROSS CAKE IDEAS?

Hi everyone!  I'm taking the first course of the Wilton classes, so I'm fairly new to decorating. For Easter, I'm making the cross cake.  I…

Started by Claudia Miletic

0 Mar 24, 2010

Shortcut for creating frosting?

I'm trying to avoid the mess of having to make frosting from scratch. Can I just buy some normal frosting from the grocery store and add po…

Started by Alyssa Baroody

5 Mar 24, 2010
Reply by Alyssa Baroody

Real flowers in a cake

I am making 8 inch cakes for my Daughters wedding shower. I was thinking of putting a cake in the center of each table, I would love to put…

Started by Patricia Soto

6 Mar 24, 2010
Reply by Dena Bryngelson

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service