Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Cake Decorating Techniques (208)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Failure!

I'm trying to teach myself to do some flowers and started with simple cut outs of different sizes layered together.  I did these a couple o…

Started by Katy Nott

34 Nov 20, 2012
Reply by Katy Nott

How to make antique layered ruffles?

I saw a picture of this cake, and I want to learn how to make these layered ruffles. Does anyone know what this technique is called? Or how…

Started by Nicci

8 Nov 17, 2012
Reply by Mary Ponds

Silhouette cameo

After a mouse ate my Cricket, I have been mightily peeved at the lack of spares and advice out there for repairs to same, so I am contempla…

Started by Bettina Dwyer

4 Oct 30, 2012
Reply by Katy Nott

Looking for a quiet Air Brush Compressor

I am looking for anyone with personal experience on QUIET air compressors. I currently have a very LOUD little rectangle (when my son was s…

Started by Glenda Mendello

6 Oct 15, 2012
Reply by Glenda Mendello

Smooth Icing

Check out this post from Amelia Carbine.... How clever, right?   Upside Down Icing

Started by Rima

1 Oct 8, 2012
Reply by Goreti

Wilton Modelling Tool - Quilting- Help

(This is not the exact tool that I have but it is similar)  I own the Wilton Quilting tool love the idea behind the tool.  But hate how…

Started by Hope Brady

11 Sep 16, 2012
Reply by Hope Brady

3-D deer head cake

I had a bride contact me today about making a deer head with antlers grooms cake. She said it didn't have to serve a specific number of peo…

Started by Debbie Cattivera

0 Sep 12, 2012

STAND UP DECORATIONS

Hullo, I was wondering if anybody can advise me on what it is that one would use to do a stand up picture on a cake that would not fall dow…

Started by Mandy Nel

18 Sep 10, 2012
Reply by Mandy Nel

Nice sharp edges on Fondant cut outs

Does anyone have any tips on how to get nice sharp smooth edges when cutting fondant and flower paste shapes with cutters or knives?  Mine…

Started by Kylee Ghodsi

2 Sep 9, 2012
Reply by Katy Nott

Sculptured figures

I know I have seen different things on this site about the figures, but I can't seem to find what I am looking for so I am just going to as…

Started by Gretchen Belsome

24 Aug 30, 2012
Reply by Debbee Stone

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service