Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Cake Decorating (1,972)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Eclairs?

Hi everyone I hope you can help me. Does anyone know how to make eclairs? Or does anyone have a recipe that they have used. Please help.

Started by Ivette Mendez

2 Feb 10, 2010
Reply by Ivette Mendez

Chocolate Ganache - Any tips?

Hi All,   I was wondering if anyone has any tips on chocolate ganache? I was thinking of covering my valentine's cake in it but have never…

Started by Rachel Graham

8 Feb 10, 2010
Reply by Rachel Graham

Using homemade fondant vs store bought fondant?

I wanted to ask. I made some marshmallow fondant and the last two times I made it, it crumbled when I went to roll it out. I had it covered…

Started by Chrystal Waller

10 Feb 9, 2010
Reply by jeri c

If I make a cake on Wednesday will it still be good for Saturday?

I have a cake order for Saturday and they want me to make on Wednesday night do you think it will be good for that long it will be a white…

Started by Chrystal Waller

3 Feb 8, 2010
Reply by jeri c

Straight sides?

how do I get the sides so straight, is there a certain recipe that will give me straight sides? I look at som of the pic of buttercream cak…

Started by Meghan

9 Feb 8, 2010
Reply by jeri c

Crust around the edge of cakes

Can anyone give me hints on how to avoid a crust forming all around the edge of my cakes. Is it the heat, the pan (new pans), the length of…

Started by Sharon

12 Feb 8, 2010
Reply by jeri c

Cake Storage Help

I am going to be making ladybug themed baby shower cake in a few weeks.  I know that if the buttercream I am using has butter in it, then t…

Started by Lindsey

9 Feb 7, 2010
Reply by Lindsey

Painting on fondant

Ok ladies, this might be a dumb question, but I have been wondering for a little here; how much gel coloring and how much vodka do you mix…

Started by tracey lopez

6 Feb 6, 2010
Reply by tracey lopez

Emergency Subtitutions

I liked Sherry's Pantry List so much that I thought an "Emergency Substitution" list would also be handy. 1-tsp Apple or Pumpkin Pie Spice…

Started by Diana Viera

4 Feb 5, 2010
Reply by Sharon

Bolt Cake

Hi, I have been asked to make a Bolt Cake,(Disney Dog). This isn't really a problem except the mom just told me her son doesn't like cake t…

Started by Sarah Unruh

0 Feb 4, 2010

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service