Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Cake Decorating Techniques (208)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Icing "lace"

I have seen some beautiful wedding cakes with lace piped designs  which look very delicate. Is a template used to do this  ? or ? I am inte…

Started by Tanya

23 Jun 14, 2010
Reply by Jenee

Stabilized whipping Cream

Hello Everyone,   I have a question about stabilized whipping cream. I made 2 batches of whipping cream with the unflavored gelatin( 1 teas…

Started by Erica

3 Jun 13, 2010
Reply by Erica

Bakel's Brand Gumpaste: Anyone ever use?

I stopped at the fancy cake shop here in town to get supplies for a grad cake this weekend.  She was selling Bakel's brand gumpaste for $3.…

Started by Kim Hamilton

1 Jun 10, 2010
Reply by Gretchen Belsome

Buttercream help

When I ice my cakes I have shadows on the top edge and bottom to. Can anyone help me with this problem?   Thanks Lynn

Started by Lynn Starnes

2 Jun 8, 2010
Reply by Lynn Starnes

Gumpaste + Fondant cracking

Hey ladies,   Question while i was making my first fondant cake...one of the things I made was a crown.  So i added gumpaste to the fondant…

Started by Mizztry

4 Jun 8, 2010
Reply by Diana Viera

Gumpaste Flowers

So I have shared with you all about how I decided to not purchase a cricut machine and to invest the $$$ into more cutters, dusts and tools…

Started by jeri c

9 Jun 4, 2010
Reply by Jane Gaddes

Fondant Lettering

Hi all,   I wanted to know how to make customized fondant lettering?  In other words, I want to put the same style of lettering that the in…

Started by Mizztry

8 Jun 4, 2010
Reply by Debra J. Mosely

A First-timer at Gumpaste Flowers

Im making gumpaste magnolias and calla lilies for the first time, and I really need help on where to start first and what tools I need to b…

Started by Nauricia George

8 Jun 4, 2010
Reply by Jeanne

Fondant graduation cap!

I'll be making my girls' kindergarten graduation cake and wanted to add the graduation cap on top of the full slab cake.  I'm pretty confid…

Started by Paula Tucker

8 May 28, 2010
Reply by jeri c

Windows

Anyone have any tips on how to make windows which look authentic, Have thought of using gelatine sheets and cutting to shape Any better ide…

Started by Gaye Talbot

4 May 26, 2010
Reply by Karen Marie

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service