Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Cake Decorating Techniques (209)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Putting Textured Fondant on a Cake - Best Method?

I was curious about this, wondering if it's best to texture the fondant first, or put it on the cake first. It would seem that in some case…

Started by Bunny Flowers

8 Jul 23, 2011
Reply by Hope Brady

Has anyone made basketweave pattern on side of cake with Fondant?

I am making a basket cake but was hoping to do the weave in fondant.  I have done the basketweave in BC but don't know how (or even if I ca…

Started by Melissa

13 Jul 21, 2011
Reply by jeri c

Help! First wedding cake!

Help!  I have my first wedding cake order in September and I am scared!  It will be for 130ppl, 3 tiers, butter cream frosting with a simpl…

Started by Sugar & Slice

16 Jul 13, 2011
Reply by Micha Griffith

10 decorating tips for beginers

1.  Have a design Take the time to think about what you want your novelty birthday cake to look like.  Use a photo or make a drawing to giv…

Started by Rea Grant

0 Jul 6, 2011

someone PLEASE set my mind at ease...

I made my first wedding cake this week.  It's  big'un.  The wedding is today.  I just stacked the tiers last night, and I woke up this morn…

Started by Samantha J Hartley

7 Jun 21, 2011
Reply by Melissa Linton

Gold help anyone?

Ok over this past weekend I had to do pirate themed cupcakes.  So of course what pirate theme isn't complete without some pirate booty, gol…

Started by Trisha Stryjewski

15 May 29, 2011
Reply by Sheila Borden

Drying Fondant

What's the best way to dry a piece of fondant decor used on a cake?  I would like to preserve it now that the cake has been eaten.

Started by Lyricoll

2 May 21, 2011
Reply by Rosemary Galpin

Whipping Chocolate Ganache

Technical question.  I make chocolate ganache all the time, but I always use it warm and pour it.  I'd like to whip it and use it as a fill…

Started by Eileen S

4 May 17, 2011
Reply by Pearse Hashmi Franklin

Chicken Wings - HELP, how to make??

Hey!So i've been asked to make chicken wings on a cake.  First of all, i'm vegetarian and thus do not really know what it looks like.  I've…

Started by Mizztry

2 May 13, 2011
Reply by Jon Pierro

fondant layers

hi my son wants a barcelona t-shirt cake with fondant but i'm not sure how to make the stripes? do i cover the whole cake in the red and…

Started by aamena

6 May 6, 2011
Reply by janice ram

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service