Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Baking (116)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Broken Oven

So I made my cake batter, put it in my pan, went to put it in (what I thought was my) preheated oven and the oven is stone cold.  It appear…

Started by Eileen S

2 Nov 14, 2010
Reply by Eileen S

What's better? Gas or Electric oven for baking?

Hi All,   I'm curious to know your experiences with gas ovens or electric ovens when it comes to baking your cakes better. Right now, I hav…

Started by Fazia Mohammed

3 Nov 7, 2010
Reply by Theresa Happe

Sturdy Cake

What is the best cake recipe for a large cake layer that won't break after it has cooled : when you pick it up to add to bottom layer and i…

Started by Cindy

11 Oct 27, 2010
Reply by Karen Marie

Is it too early ?

Hello every one.. I am making a wedding cake for my friend. Her wedding date is oct 17th. so I bake the bottom tier of cake yesterday(oct.1…

Started by Tazkera nur

7 Oct 18, 2010
Reply by Tazkera nur

Preheating ovens - necessary or not?

My mom always preheated the oven, and following her example for many years I did the same. Then I read somewhere that with modern ovens it…

Started by Bunny Flowers

7 Oct 17, 2010
Reply by Karen Marie

pregnant tummy & boob cake

Hi All, I have a pregnant tummy & boob cake to make. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions anyone has to offer. I am particularl…

Started by Wendy Hagarty

3 Oct 15, 2010
Reply by Serena Baumea

Why are my cakes "crusted" when I bake them???

Let me clarify... when I bake my cakes the sides and bottom of the pan come out crusted or harder than a normal cake.  The tops are too, bu…

Started by Gloria Castano

14 Oct 12, 2010
Reply by Lynne Salmon

Dry Goods - Cups to Grams Conversion chart

Originally from Allrecipes All-Purpose Flour and Confectioners' Sugar Cups  Grams  Ounces 1/8 cup  16 g  .563 oz (2 Tablespoon…

Started by Theresa Happe

2 Oct 9, 2010
Reply by Eileen S

First time making topsy turvy cakes...

Hi all!  I want to make a topsy turvy cake... but honestly I have no clue where to start!!!  Do I need special pans??? Is there anything I…

Started by Gloria Castano

9 Oct 5, 2010
Reply by Gloria Castano

How to Make Baking Strips

I just posted this in another discussion but I think the info would be useful to alot of bakers:   What baking strips do is slow down the o…

Started by Karen Marie

3 Sep 11, 2010
Reply by Karen Marie

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service