Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

HOPE ALL ON CWB have a happy, healthy Thanksgiving. I am thankful for all my friends. I may never meet many in person, but I do feel I know each 1 of you. You are a part of my life and my BESTIES !! LOVE YAZ ALL

Views: 690

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Happy Thanksgiving all....have a wonderful day.

I'm late to the party, but hope you all had a good one. It was more like Christmas here with 18" of snow. We've got a household filled with 17 people and kids sleeping from one end of the house to the other. Fun memories.

OK - this is the weird Brit speaking!  Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it (we don't lol!).  Don't like pumpkin, don't like sweet potato and cloves just remind me of the dentist!  I remember many years ago, my stepdaughter baked a ham for Christmas and she put a clove in every cross diagonal when she cooked it.  It was DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving Teri. Haven't had that many people in my house since my daughters birthday party sleep overs.
Katy...we don't have Bank Holiday...or Guy Falkes Day that you celebrate in the UK.... And pumpkin pie is soooo delicious!! I detest cloves, and being a former dental asst., a smell I well remember from dental surgery....yuk!! I don't put cloves in my pie...just cinnamon, and a hint of nutmeg. And I usually roast a butternut squash...makes a awesome "pumpkin" pie. And I don't like sweet potato pie, not the southern version....waaaay too sweet. That's very American. I make sweet potato muffins or loaf...yum.
I do confess my Mom and I woulld put fresh cloves into a orange, attach ribbon and hang in the house and on the Christmas tree. With the orange, it did give a lovely scent. That's my extent of cloves.

I'm with both of you June & Katy.  Cannot stand cloves and will not use it in any recipe.  Yuck  As far as pumpkin pie, it's not one of my favorites but now pumpkin cheesecake with praline topping or pumpkin caramel cheesecake that is another story.  This year didn't make either since hubby not too crazy about pumpkin. 

My Mom made a light as air pumpkin "fluff" pie. Lots of beaten egg whites folded into the pumpkin. No bake. Like a cheesecake, in a traditional pie crust. I've used ginger snaps as the crust. So tasty! Especially after a heavy meal.

lol Katy ! yes dentist,, but you can over due them , I do love that , sorry , I know you don't do thanksgiving , but hope you could smell and taste some of our fixings ! so yummy ! :p Na na na na naaaa

never to late ! hope you had a wonderful day , enjoy your left overs !!! stay warm , we only have 1 ft of snow !!thank goodness , sounds like you had a wonderful day ,, god bless , enjoy the fun !

Theresa Happe said:

I'm late to the party, but hope you all had a good one. It was more like Christmas here with 18" of snow. We've got a household filled with 17 people and kids sleeping from one end of the house to the other. Fun memories.

Your house full of family sounds wonderful, Teri!  I hope you each and every one enjoyed your Thanksgiving and your time together.

Theresa Happe said:

I have spent half of my life in a dentist chair and I have never associated the scent of cloves with the dentist???  And, like Gali, I LOVE cloves and all spices except camomile and fennel, which I sincerely detest.  For me, there is never too much spice in anything and rarely too much sugar.  I love chocolate but would choose something spicy every time, given a choice.

art deco cakes by galidink said:

lol Katy ! yes dentist,, but you can over due them , I do love that , sorry , I know you don't do thanksgiving , but hope you could smell and taste some of our fixings ! so yummy ! :p Na na na na naaaa

yup I would pass bye the chocolate pie for pumpkin ,, I don't mind the chamomile or the fennel , in very tiny amounts ! I am not good with making a pie crust , ; ( but I will keep trying , , my chicken are giving so many eggs , I have to start giving them away and making curds ! 2 dz in 2 days , yikes !!! better get working on something !!! ANY IDEA'S ??
Sandra Smiley said:

I have spent half of my life in a dentist chair and I have never associated the scent of cloves with the dentist???  And, like Gali, I LOVE cloves and all spices except camomile and fennel, which I sincerely detest.  For me, there is never too much spice in anything and rarely too much sugar.  I love chocolate but would choose something spicy every time, given a choice.

I use so many eggs that I need part of your chickens, Gali!  I made two dozen deviled eggs for Thanksgiving, put four hard boiled eggs in the giblet gravy and I don't even know how many others...used about 2-1/2 dozen for just that meal.

Quiche is always a great way to use a lot of eggs.  My favorite is Quiche Lorraine...made with bacon and Swiss cheese.  I will provide the recipe, if you like.  Banana pudding uses a bunch of eggs, too!

yup I would pass bye the chocolate pie for pumpkin ,, I don't mind the chamomile or the fennel , in very tiny amounts ! I am not good with making a pie crust , ; ( but I will keep trying , , my chicken are giving so many eggs , I have to start giving them away and making curds ! 2 dz in 2 days , yikes !!! better get working on something !!! ANY IDEA'S ??
Sandra Smiley said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service