Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

What's the best way to do these? It seems if I hold one and try to frost it it'll get all messy and all over my hands

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

?
There's no need to hold it in your hand. Place it on a flat surface and frost it.
Poured fondant might be one way to go. What size are the blocks?
They're going to move around the plate the blocks are going to be 2 inches squared.

Theresa Happe said:
There's no need to hold it in your hand. Place it on a flat surface and frost it.
I'm not sure what you mean about move around the plate. If you put them on a rack and cover with poured fondant, you can move them when they have set up, decorate, etc and place for final look using a spatula. Or "glue down" with frosting to cardboard 2" squares which can be double taped to your work surface, ice, decorate and move into place with a spatula. Is this any help?
That makes sence I wasn't going to make buttercream but I know my whipped cream won't work as glue. My blocks are gonna be so tiny unless I stack squares and glue together with bc. Idk.

Deborah Martin said:
I'm not sure what you mean about move around the plate. If you put them on a rack and cover with poured fondant, you can move them when they have set up, decorate, etc and place for final look using a spatula. Or "glue down" with frosting to cardboard 2" squares which can be double taped to your work surface, ice, decorate and move into place with a spatula. Is this any help?
I made some out of fondant and put letters on them. Worked great!
I'm afraid of fondant. I'm just starting making cakes for my family not professionally but I might move on to fondant once I master frosting :)

jeri c said:
I made some out of fondant and put letters on them. Worked great!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service