Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Cake Decorating Techniques (208)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fondant . . . Nothing but Problems :(

Ok, well, I have used fondant in the past, and was not successful, but have not given up. I used it again this past week, and more problems…

Started by J.D.

21 Jun 1, 2012
Reply by Mary Greer

freezing cakes

HI,, I crumb coated my cake,, put it in the freezer,,, took it out the next day.. i covered it with buttercream and was waiting for it to c…

Started by Lois Stephens

13 May 30, 2012
Reply by June Kowalczyk

melting chocolate

Is there anything I need to know other than melting my chocolate? what is the best kind to use? I want to make a blue star. I have a templa…

Started by gina bruncati

0 May 29, 2012

standing gum paste figure

Hi, I need to make a standing gum paste or modeling chocolate figure. I've never made a standing figure so I need some advice on how to sup…

Started by Tony LaMonte

4 May 10, 2012
Reply by Tony LaMonte

Fondant Animals

Hi everybody! I am pretty new to the use of fondant for sculpting. My ambition is to make a Serengeti Graduation cake for my daughters high…

Started by Tammy Hardt

2 May 5, 2012
Reply by Goreti

3-D cakes - keep them standing!!

Need help again from those of you who are more advanced than I . . . I'm doing a 3-D Thomas the Tank cake tonight.  I've done one before an…

Started by Rebecca Pool

0 May 4, 2012

Buttercream getting too soft when trying to make flowers

I am very new to making flowers. So, new in fact that I've never actually done it.  I decided to try tonight, as I want to be able to offer…

Started by Kentastic Cakes

8 May 4, 2012
Reply by Linda Wolff

cadburys purple help !

hi everyone, been googling for over an hour now and I give up! need to make an authentic cadbury purple flowers ( wedding cake haha already…

Started by Harriet Owoo

0 Apr 24, 2012

Request for help from you experts out there!

I am making a baseball cap for my stepson for his birthday, in the colours of his football team - Queens Park Rangers, so blue and white.  …

Started by Katy Nott

19 Apr 7, 2012
Reply by Katy Nott

Cake Pillars + Fake Tiers question

Hi all, I hope you are doing well. I'm struggling with one question.  I have a bride who would like a 3 tier square cake sizes: 14, 10, 6…

Started by Mizztry

4 Mar 29, 2012
Reply by Rima

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service