Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Cake Decorating Techniques (208)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Poured Fondant

Hi there everyone :) I've just had a very specific request for a birthday cake and I'm a little scared. Ok, now I have your attention I'l…

Started by Tracy Deadman

22 Aug 28, 2012
Reply by Katy Nott

The best medium to use please?

Dear experts (and anyone else that has an idea for that matter), I want to make a square base about 5 inches square on which to place a cak…

Started by Katy Nott

31 Aug 24, 2012
Reply by Katy Nott

Isomalt sticks in hot glue gun?

Does anyone know if isomalt sticks will melt in a regular hot temp glue gun?  What is the melting temperature for isomalt?

Started by Cyn

1 Aug 23, 2012
Reply by Cyn

A Great Alternative to Isomalt bubbles

I know some of you wanted to know how to make isomalt bubbles for cakes but here is a really cool alternative from Tammu Utely on her websi…

Started by Karen Marie

16 Aug 2, 2012
Reply by Anne M

gum paste too wet

i have a cake coming up for my niece that requires deep red roses.  after coloring the gum paste to the correct color (master chef super re…

Started by Tania Laing

7 Jul 23, 2012
Reply by Katy Nott

PIPING GOLD

2 SM 2GRAM JAR'S OF CK AZTEC GOLD I USED

Started by art deco cakes by galidink

2 Jul 16, 2012
Reply by art deco cakes by galidink

Translucent water look atop fondant?

Hello everyone, Has anyone ever used any techniques to give the appearance of translucent water over fondant? I'm going to be making a Luau…

Started by Sean Silver

3 Jun 29, 2012
Reply by Sean Silver

Large Cake Layers Trick

A few weeks back I had the top layer of a 12" square cake break in half on me as I was placing it over the bottom layer.  I used it anyway…

Started by Eileen S

8 Jun 8, 2012
Reply by suziq auzzi

Colour palettes

As decorators and artists colour is extremely important, so I am always on the lookout for colour combinations and textures. So with that i…

Started by Bettina Dwyer

1 Jun 7, 2012
Reply by Maria Cristina Drei

Horse fondant - Need advise!

Hello! I'm making a horse out of fondant for the first time and I need your advise ... I want it to be standing up, I already made the body…

Started by Paula Forte

3 Jun 7, 2012
Reply by Paula Forte

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service