Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Baking (116)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cake having a mound in the middle

Any idea why my cakes never bake evenly? They always come out having a mound in the center. Appreciate any responses.

Started by Judy

16 Mar 11, 2011
Reply by Judy

Looking for a really good ORGANIC white cake recipe from scratch.

A friend of mine is doing a cake for her daughter and is getting very frustrated because the texture and moistness of the cake is just all…

Started by Rebecca Hannaford

1 Feb 27, 2011
Reply by Kathy Kmonk

Marshmallow Fondant vs: Classic fondant

Hi everyone i'm new here...may i know if the marshmallow fondant is good as the classic fondant?and what is their difference?thank you....

Started by Mariella Santos

8 Feb 25, 2011
Reply by Melissa Linton

Lemon cake recipe wanted!

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had a recipe for a really good scratch lemon cake that they'd share with me. I'm making my wedding cake i…

Started by Lilly Wilders

3 Jan 30, 2011
Reply by jeri c

Cake was disgusting!!

I made my first cake from scratch. It was a carrot cake and I used the recipe on the back of the Wilton pans. My question is it called for…

Started by Debbie Malonson

6 Jan 20, 2011
Reply by jeri c

Cake Pan Questions

I have two different cake pans, both metal, but different types of metal.  Will the texture of the cake be different?    Sorry for the newb…

Started by SagEnzo

3 Jan 20, 2011
Reply by Melinda King

Scratch Made VS Box Mix

I'd like to get some opinions. When I bake, anything, cookies, muffins, banana bread, whatever, I'm  totally ANTI-Box mix. If Im going thro…

Started by Jenifer T

70 Jan 20, 2011
Reply by Jenny Maynard

Coloring Batter - is this just as simple as it sounds??

Hey ladies...   So i'd like to color cake batter, and i'm thinking it is as simple as just adding few drops of food coloring?   Will it alt…

Started by Mizztry

6 Jan 19, 2011
Reply by Dawnetta Pompeo

Cheese Cake Crack

Hi,   Please help.. this is my 4th attempt to make a perfect cheesecake. But I am having the same problem over and over again... My cake cr…

Started by Nur Zakeena junit

5 Jan 5, 2011
Reply by Elizabeth Armijo

Cakes sinking in on the sides after baking..why is this happening?

I've been baking for a few years now, and I've never had any problems with my cakes and the way they come out. However, this week I've bake…

Started by Fazia Mohammed

8 Jan 1, 2011
Reply by Melinda King

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service