Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Ho, jsut a question here, hioping someone cn help.
I want to stencil something onto the side of a cake, the cake will not be wahite nd i want the stenciled inmage to be white. 
But of course there's not white colouring out there that i've seen so other than coconut, does  anyone have any ideas on how i might do it?

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What are you going to use for your stencil? Royal icing is white when you make it, no coloring is necessary.
ok i'm apparently having a Duh momeny lol i didn't even think of that...
I plan on makking the stencil wasn't sure what to make it of yet, but yes royal ising would do it and maybe i could paint it on instead of having to pipe it.

Deah said:
What are you going to use for your stencil? Royal icing is white when you make it, no coloring is necessary.
Don't worry, we ALL have them from time to time. ;-)
I just did a couple stenciled cakes (they are in my album on here) They were black fondant with white royal icing stenciled on and it was wonderful... super easy to do too! Got the stencils from Global Sugar Arts.
They do look wesome.
I'm going to be making my own stencil
this kangaroo http://www.asema.com.au/australian%20made%20logo.jpg
what i want to know is if you piped the royal ising on or is you painted it, and if you piped it, how did you fice the stencil to the cake?
and the powerder loks aweosme if i hadn't jsut quit my job and had to be money consious for awhile i'd look into something like that as i don't much like piping.
I used a little piece of painters removeable tape to hold the stencil in place. If you let your fondant sit over night and harden a bit the tape peels right off.
Heather you spread the royal icing on with a spatula after you fix the stencil to the cake. Just be careful that you dont use too much or it gets under the stencil. And you may want to thin it out just a bit with say a tsp of water to a batch.


Heather Bradford said:
They do look wesome.
I'm going to be making my own stencil
this kangaroo http://www.asema.com.au/australian%20made%20logo.jpg
what i want to know is if you piped the royal ising on or is you painted it, and if you piped it, how did you fice the stencil to the cake?
Jeri those look awesome!


jeri c said:
I just did a couple stenciled cakes (they are in my album on here) They were black fondant with white royal icing stenciled on and it was wonderful... super easy to do too! Got the stencils from Global Sugar Arts.
I agree that royal icing looks so beautiful with the stencil (and really liked jeri's cake!). I think it adds a wonderful texture that can compliment a cake and give it depth. There are white colors out there though! Americolor has a white gel paste and I believe auiswiss used to have a white color for sugar work.
AmeriColor makes a white food coloring that makes even white royal icing appear whiter. I believe Wilton makes one also.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2021   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service