Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

HOPE ALL ON CWB have a happy, healthy Thanksgiving. I am thankful for all my friends. I may never meet many in person, but I do feel I know each 1 of you. You are a part of my life and my BESTIES !! LOVE YAZ ALL

Views: 690

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

YES RECIPES WOULD BE NICE thank you Sandra ! but I wont touch banana pudding ! I love a nice banana , but just cant get  the pudding in my mouth , lol ! !
Sandra Smiley said:

I use so many eggs that I need part of your chickens, Gali!  I made two dozen deviled eggs for Thanksgiving, put four hard boiled eggs in the giblet gravy and I don't even know how many others...used about 2-1/2 dozen for just that meal.

Quiche is always a great way to use a lot of eggs.  My favorite is Quiche Lorraine...made with bacon and Swiss cheese.  I will provide the recipe, if you like.  Banana pudding uses a bunch of eggs, too!

art deco cakes by galidink said:

yup I would pass bye the chocolate pie for pumpkin ,, I don't mind the chamomile or the fennel , in very tiny amounts ! I am not good with making a pie crust , ; ( but I will keep trying , , my chicken are giving so many eggs , I have to start giving them away and making curds ! 2 dz in 2 days , yikes !!! better get working on something !!! ANY IDEA'S ??
Sandra Smiley said:

I have spent half of my life in a dentist chair and I have never associated the scent of cloves with the dentist???  And, like Gali, I LOVE cloves and all spices except camomile and fennel, which I sincerely detest.  For me, there is never too much spice in anything and rarely too much sugar.  I love chocolate but would choose something spicy every time, given a choice.

art deco cakes by galidink said:

lol Katy ! yes dentist,, but you can over due them , I do love that , sorry , I know you don't do thanksgiving , but hope you could smell and taste some of our fixings ! so yummy ! :p Na na na na naaaa

Hi everyone...Hope you had a great "eating day". Anyone going shopping??? not me... I'm cooking wedding cake for tomorrow. Gali ..no banana pudding??? ..that's funny, thought everyone liked BP...Pound cakes are good for using up eggs, at least 6 at a time in my recipe. OOOXX :)

Heck no!  You couldn't pay me enough to go shopping today.  Sitting in front of the fire is more my speed.

Betty said:

Yup.....we had Black Friday here in Canada too. Didn't go shopping at brick & mortar or online stores. Went to Samko toy warehouse with a friend. They come to our area for 3 days this time every year. Got amazing gifts..$3, $6....etc. So all the children on my list are taken care of....including Hudson. Talking ELMO....usually $30....got it for $19!!!

sorry could not get on line 2day my elx just went back on , had some bad new's 2day , found out my brother past away at his kitchen table yesterday ,while waiting for his daughter to pick him up for thanksgiving dinner ! : (

OH Gali.sweetie..I'm so sorry to hear that....I assume a heart attack??? Please extend my condolences to the family and just know I'm thinking about you. OOOOXXX HUGS ()

So sorry Gail.  His poor daughter to find him like that.  My heart goes out to all of you.  Hugs

Oh my Gail...this is the 2nd brother you lost suddenly.....so sorry...
I don't know every thing Betty ! my twin talk to him in the morning , he was in the hosp , , for 3 wks got out tue ! , he was always in for his lungs , he has bad lungs like I do !, he also had diabetes , , I knew something was wrong I didn't get a call from him ! thank you for caring oxoxox hugs are good !

thank you all so much !

lol that's funny Shirley , but not , as long as everything turned out well , and you had a wonderful day !; )

Shirley, that is laugh-out-loud funny, but only because you were able to correct everything without anyone the wiser!  Bless your heart, at least your planning ahead gave you the time to correct the booboo.  Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Shirley Wilson said:

Sorry to be late in wishing each of you a Happy Thanksgiving. Mine was great but the day before was interesting to say the least. I had so much done ahead and was pleased with how much easier Thursday would be. I had my sausage stuffing all made and sitting in a large bowl on the counter. Telephone rang, talked for about 15 minutes went back into the kitchen. I see the frying pan in the sink with what I think is the drippings from the sausage, so I pour the remains into my stuffing and set the pan back in the sink. I run hot water in the pan and suddenly it is filled with suds. Then I realize just before the phone rang I had squirted some liquid dish detergent in that pan. SO, what I had poured into my stuffing was detergent! Dumped it down the disposal and raced to the store to replace all of the ingredients I had wasted. Luckily they still had everything I needed and although the store was a zoo I managed to get quickly through a short line. Home again and remade the stuffing. Can you imagine if I hadn't realized what I had done before stuffing the turkey? I could just imagine the guests at the table next day burping bubbles! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service