Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Help i a friend of mine is having 40th birthday party an 1 1/2 hours away it is at a venue so i cant just make it there at her home.  Temps for that day are expected to be 100 degrees.  I am making a 2 tiered cake covered in fondant.  I am stacking once i get there. Just wondering if the fondant and buttercream will be okay in an airconditioned car or if i should try to frost and cover with fondant in my hotel room.  and just take frosting etc in my car in a cooler.

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've never had a problem transporting cake it a car with the AC cranked, but I'll always opt to do as much assembly as possible on location when it's practical.
I agree with JJ... especially with a cake covered in fondant.  I wear a coat (I usually get some weird looks:)) and put the AC on as cold and high as it will go.  I also have those window shades with suction cups (like you use to keep babies shaded in the car) on the windows in the back to make sure the sun isn't going to do any damage warming up the cake too.
Another option is to build a box out of the 2 inch styrofoam insulation panels from the hardware store. just tape together sides with duct tape. I just did a buttercream wedding cake 1.5 hours away and it was still cold!
Love this!!

Dria Conyers said:
Another option is to build a box out of the 2 inch styrofoam insulation panels from the hardware store. just tape together sides with duct tape. I just did a buttercream wedding cake 1.5 hours away and it was still cold!

thanks everyone.  having just moved to Texas with this heat I have a whole new learning curve with cake stuff

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service