Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi there.  I hope everyone is well.  I was reading about the TLC audition.  I just wanted to wish anyone luck who sent in an audition video. I sent one in.  You can google Jay Qualls TLC audition or Maples Wedding Cakes Audition to check it out.  Who knows what will happen.  Waiting....waiting.....waiting.  I hope I hear something soon.  Good luck everyone.

 

Views: 432

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh my gosh Renay! It is so good to hear from you. How are you doing. It is great to see you on here as well. Tell me where you are from again? I've had so many students that it is hard to remember. Can you believe I'm going to Montreal in October to teach that class? I can't wait! That is going to be so much fun. I look forward to hearing from you. Jay

Renay Zamora said:
Go Jay, Go!
I hope you get a call!

It's good to see you on here... I took a Romantic Wedding Cakes class with you at Sweetwise a few months ago and loved it. Hope you're doing well!
I am sure they do want to see who can step up and create something wonderful in a very short amount of time and under pressure... I think I could do the cake part no problem... I just would sink putting together a video... I'd have to hire someone to do that!!! Hope you hear soon...


Jay Qualls said:
Hi Jeri,

Thank you. This isn't my first audition with TLC either. I think they put you under time constraints like that to see how quick you are on your feet. I think it is a test honestly. I hope I make it. Still waiting. I hope your friends makes it too. I'm sure she would be great. I need to go on and watch some of the auditions. I will try and do that tonight. Chat more soon. Jay

jeri c said:
My friend, Carrie got a call yesterday asking for a video by Thursday so she is bustin her tail to get one put together. This would be so fun... bad timing for me so maybe next time. Jay.. if we could vote I am sure you'd be there! You never know exactly what they are looking for. I watched several of the videos and to be honest turned off several of them because they were boring and did not keep my attention... and I believe that you must keep someone's attention if you are going to be on TV... they want someone that people will come back looking for more... not turn the TV off half way through. I can see Jay keeping the audinece lauging and having fun with the show!!!
Enjoyed your video, Jay! You've definitely got the tv personality!
Thank you Theresa! You ain't seen nothing yet! If I get on there....TLC won't know what hit them! LOL

Jay

Theresa Happe said:
Enjoyed your video, Jay! You've definitely got the tv personality!
Hey Jay!
I live in Mt. Juliet, so not too far from you. I used to sing in a band at the Bunganut Pig quite often, and I remember you saying that your shoppe is not too far from there. I'd love to come by sometime and visit.

I took your class at Sweetwise earlier this year and had such a good time. You are so funny! I think all of us could have stayed several hours after just to hear your stories! I'm sure your students in Montreal will love the class.

Best of luck to you on this audition! They'd be crazy not to choose you - Renay


Jay Qualls said:
Oh my gosh Renay! It is so good to hear from you. How are you doing. It is great to see you on here as well. Tell me where you are from again? I've had so many students that it is hard to remember. Can you believe I'm going to Montreal in October to teach that class? I can't wait! That is going to be so much fun. I look forward to hearing from you. Jay

Renay Zamora said:
Go Jay, Go!
I hope you get a call!

It's good to see you on here... I took a Romantic Wedding Cakes class with you at Sweetwise a few months ago and loved it. Hope you're doing well!
Jay, have you heard anything yet? I was also asked to submit a video and haven't heard back - the suspense is KILLING me!!
Best of luck!!
For everyone (including friends of members) who are submitting videos, besides Jay, are you ready to share and let us see your videos? If not, that is okay too. I thought I would just ask. I'm hoping to see all of you on the new show and then we can recognize you and cheer everyone on!
I wish all of you the best of luck!!!!
I guess I'm ready to share it since its already been sent - it is torturous for me to watch! My daughter interviewed me, she's the best part.. I was surprised by how I looked/sounded on video! Eek!! Unfortunately it was 90 degrees in my apartment that weekend (I'm sitting directly in front of the a/c!) so I wasn't able to decorate a cake.. I'm not holding my breath but I am still hopeful!
If you search for sherryjak on youtube my 2 submissions should come up. Feel free to critique!!
Thanks!!

Stampinsher said:
For everyone (including friends of members) who are submitting videos, besides Jay, are you ready to share and let us see your videos? If not, that is okay too. I thought I would just ask. I'm hoping to see all of you on the new show and then we can recognize you and cheer everyone on!
I wish all of you the best of luck!!!!
Good luck Sherry! I really wish you all the best. Who know what will happen? You never know, you and I could be living together for a while in NY! Wouldn't that be a blast. I can't wait to watch your video. Fingers crossed for you Jay.

Sherry J said:
I guess I'm ready to share it since its already been sent - it is torturous for me to watch! My daughter interviewed me, she's the best part.. I was surprised by how I looked/sounded on video! Eek!! Unfortunately it was 90 degrees in my apartment that weekend (I'm sitting directly in front of the a/c!) so I wasn't able to decorate a cake.. I'm not holding my breath but I am still hopeful!
If you search for sherryjak on youtube my 2 submissions should come up. Feel free to critique!!
Thanks!!

Stampinsher said:
For everyone (including friends of members) who are submitting videos, besides Jay, are you ready to share and let us see your videos? If not, that is okay too. I thought I would just ask. I'm hoping to see all of you on the new show and then we can recognize you and cheer everyone on!
I wish all of you the best of luck!!!!
Thank you so much for your support. It means a lot to me.

Sherry J said:
I guess I'm ready to share it since its already been sent - it is torturous for me to watch! My daughter interviewed me, she's the best part.. I was surprised by how I looked/sounded on video! Eek!! Unfortunately it was 90 degrees in my apartment that weekend (I'm sitting directly in front of the a/c!) so I wasn't able to decorate a cake.. I'm not holding my breath but I am still hopeful!
If you search for sherryjak on youtube my 2 submissions should come up. Feel free to critique!!
Thanks!!

Stampinsher said:
For everyone (including friends of members) who are submitting videos, besides Jay, are you ready to share and let us see your videos? If not, that is okay too. I thought I would just ask. I'm hoping to see all of you on the new show and then we can recognize you and cheer everyone on!
I wish all of you the best of luck!!!!
Jay - your video is awesome!! Mine is a snooze-fest in comparison!! Your cakes are beautiful!!
Great Job! You sure are a lot more comfortable and smiling a LOT more in the second video!!!! The first video is a super interview with the Q&A. Great questions and your answer are terrific too.

I will post on your page. Oh my, you don't have a wall for comments. I sent you a friend request, Sherry.

Sherry J said:
I guess I'm ready to share it since its already been sent - it is torturous for me to watch! My daughter interviewed me, she's the best part.. I was surprised by how I looked/sounded on video! Eek!! Unfortunately it was 90 degrees in my apartment that weekend (I'm sitting directly in front of the a/c!) so I wasn't able to decorate a cake.. I'm not holding my breath but I am still hopeful!
If you search for sherryjak on youtube my 2 submissions should come up. Feel free to critique!! Thanks!!
Stampinsher said:
For everyone (including friends of members) who are submitting videos, besides Jay, are you ready to share and let us see your videos? If not, that is okay too. I thought I would just ask. I'm hoping to see all of you on the new show and then we can recognize you and cheer everyone on!
I wish all of you the best of luck!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2022   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service