Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Good day friends :)

Can anyone explain the technique used on the attached cake. Would love to give it a try.



Views: 182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To me it looks like single bands of fondant wrapped around and then at the top a round piece put on there. It does have some real ribbon going around the bottom and the second layer where the flowers are...That is my thoughts...Good Luck

There is a bit of a glare making it difficult to know for sure, but I think I recognize this technique.  I wish i knew the name to be more helpful, but I don't.  Each layer uses one sheet of fondant.  As you smooth down the sides, you pinch a ruffle/ridge.  It doesn't have to be perfect...that helps give the effect thank goodness.

Reply to Discussion


© 2022   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service