Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi guys,

I've been asked to make a strawberry cake for a bridal shower....I was thinking of using the 1-2-3-4 cake recipe that I have and adding strawberry puree and strawberry gelatin. Would that work just as the recipes that use cake mix? Has it been tried by anyone? What is the etxture like when cakes are baked with getlatin?...what is the purpose of the gelatin?

Looking forward to the fedback.

Regards,

Teneisha

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with Nana Rogers....

I use all the WASC variations from Cake Central... For the strawberry cake I buy frozen strawberries in the juice and then puree a bit... instead of sour cream I use 3 containers of strawberry yogurt. Turns out so good! The WASC variations are endless!

I have never used a gelatin in a cake...so i don't know how it would work for you.

Hope this helps you!
I've never tried WASC in any flavour before...guess I will give it a shot...

Thanks to you both.
Teneisha - I haven't seen you around in a while. Hope you are doing well. Here's a recipe I use. You can easily half it if needed.

Strawberry WASC variation

2 white cake mixes
1-3/4 c sugar
2 c cake flour
1-1/2 t salt
1-1/3 c strawberry daiquiri drink mix
1-1/3 c water
2 c sour cream
9 egg whites
1/4 c oil
2 tsp strawberry extract or 1 dram LoRann strawberry
2 tsp vanilla

*Mix all dry ingredients by hand using a whisk in a very large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Bake at 325 degrees until done.
Hi Deah...I've been around but a bit quiet...things are going well...just working towards achieving my dreams...

your recipe sounds good...it may be a challenge finding the extract or the dram Lorann...but I'll look out for them...

Thanks,

T
If you can find a strawberry cake mix to start with you can probably skip the extract.

Teneisha Williams said:
Hi Deah...I've been around but a bit quiet...things are going well...just working towards achieving my dreams...

your recipe sounds good...it may be a challenge finding the extract or the dram Lorann...but I'll look out for them...

Thanks,

T

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service