Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

September 24th
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:01 am  Reply with quoteBack to top
I found this a while ago, don't remember where but I saved it and never tried it.
"saw a few posts asking how to make gold and silver for piping.....found this recipe and thought I would share it:

2 ts. Powdered sugar
2 ts. gold silver or metallic dusting powder
clear alcohol
1 ts. piping gel

On a small ceramic plae, mix sugar and dusting powder. Add a few drops of clear alcohol (gin or vodka is suggested) and mix with a small palette knife to create a stiff paste

Add the piping gel, a little at a time, mixing well until the consistency for piing in reached. Use a very small piping bag and tip as needed. The leftovers can be put into a small container and stored in the refrigerator. It will keep indefinitely YOU NEED 4 GRAMS FOR THIS ! PLUS YOU CAN ADD MORE POWDER SUGAR , YOU WILL LOVE IT !

Views: 4602

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HOPE YOU ALL HAD A CHAMCE TO TRY THIS , I HAVE HAD THIS IN A PIPING BAG  since i tryed this, still good !

I tried with just plain grey colour and then brushed with lustre dust afterwards. Just on a dummy cake. It piped quite nicely. I put a straight pin with a ball head on it into the nozzle tip which kept the icing from hardening in the tip. Do you think metallic blue would work? Thinking yes.....

cool yes , i am sure you still need to use 2 teaspoons tho !its kind of pricey , when you think you need it to be a good brand of luster dust like CK
June Kowalczyk said:

I tried with just plain grey colour and then brushed with lustre dust afterwards. Just on a dummy cake. It piped quite nicely. I put a straight pin with a ball head on it into the nozzle tip which kept the icing from hardening in the tip. Do you think metallic blue would work? Thinking yes.....
I can get some metallic colours for about $5 at my local bulk barn.

THATS AWESOME , : )
June Kowalczyk said:

I can get some metallic colours for about $5 at my local bulk barn.

sounds fantastic!  must try!

YES IT IS AWESOME !
Maria L. Negro said:

A  LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY , USING IT FOR LINE WORK AND WRITING ONLY.

Maria L. Negro said:

You are very resourceful Gali!!! Thank you for always sharing what you do.

The recipe seem to be good one...Thanks for sharing such type of recipe..I would defiantly like to try it...Have any one gone through this..

fruit cake

any time , i love  shareing  the good stuff ; ) and love seeing how other use the idea's , ! i may not be the best in caking i love trying every thing ; )), but i do find some nice idea's i wish i could master , lol ,

Maria Gemini said:

You are very resourceful Gali!!! Thank you for always sharing what you do.

the idea is good , i would have to taste them, first ! yr's ago i worked in shoprite cake deco dept ! and thats what they used it was kind of nasty but if pep's like the store cake they will like this stuff , i guess what i am saying is if you have a bakery like the retail store s it will work out fine !

malvinadny said:

The recipe seem to be good one...Thanks for sharing such type of recipe..I would defiantly like to try it...Have any one gone through this..

fruit cake

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service