Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi newbies, 

Welcome to Cakes We Bake. Please introduce yourself here.

Views: 8253

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome Tracie!

Tracie Sirirom said:

Hey guys. My name is Tracie and I just found this site today.  I've taken some classes, attended ICES, but mostly learned by trial and error.  I teach Wilton and also private classes.  Cake decorating has always been my way of relaxing and getting to be creative after coming home from a repetitive and mind-numbing job. 

I'm always looking for new techniques and ways to challenge myself.

Hi, I'm Jim. I have a celebrity birthdy site, www.megabirthdaysite.com and was hoping to add a birthday cake gallery to it. I really hope to meet some nice people on here that may want their cakes displayed.

I am Tamara Walker I am new to Cakes we bake I have been on here about a month and a half I have already met several people on here and seen several cakes on here that are so amazing. I am a liscensed home baker I have been baking cakes for 34 years but have really gotten into it more recently in the last two years alot by doing more and venturing out more than just buttercream and flowers.  I have started carving out things and tring to find more challenging cakes to do and just see what all I can do I am at home full time now so I have more time to do it.  I am also a RNBSN but have quit my job due to back problems.  I live in Lexington NC We do not have but one bakery in this town so the field for doing better cakes is wide open for me so I am trying to learn all I can so you ladies out there I am open to all suggestions you have to offer.  good to meet all of you.  I look forward to talking with all of you from time to time.

Good Morning Everyone!!

My name is J.D., and I just joined recently. I have been baking for family and friends for several years now. I consider myself to be still an amateur, but I am hoping to get some help here to improve my skills. I am currently stationed overseas in Germany, but look forward to being sent back stateside. I have posted some of the cakes I have made over the past several years on my profile.

I look forward to expanding my current abilities with the help of the other individuals on this great website. Not sure how much I will be able to contribute as an amateur, but if anyone has any questions I may be able to help with, I will definately share my experiences.

Hi I am Naheed, a stay at home mom,who has a great passion for baking and decorating cakes, which is also very therapeutic after a long day :) I have taken the Wilton's cake decorating class and really enjoyed it.  And now I am looking forward to learning from the pro- cake decorators, as I want to turn this hobby into a business :)
Hello, My name is Kevin. I have been a member for approx. 2 weeks. I would like to take this time to complement all of the members on being so helpful and understanding to the members, like me, who are self-taught and are still learning. Not only have I really enjoyed looking at all the beautiful cakes, but reading the information filled forum posts, and seeing the moral support given, when people have cake disasters or just bad experiences. Thanks so much for all the pointers, helpful tips, and leads for new products and old products that I haven't heard of.

Hi...I'm Caran.  I'm new here but not new to cakes and other forms of food art.  My grandmother decorated as a hobby and my Dad, her son in law decorated as a hobby.  I picked up his tools one day and that was it!  It's now 38 years later.  My daughter is a chef and also decorates. 

I find that cake art is an evolving, medium.  There is always something new to learn and always something to share!  I look forward to getting to know you here...looks like a great place!

Hi I'm Barb, I been a member for just a few days.  I love the site, it's so informative and friendly.  I just started doing cakes again after taking about a 20 year break.  My kids are in college now and the desire to do cakes again is back.  So, needless to say I'm a bit rusty and am soaking up all the new stuff like a sponge.  I love doing animals and cakes that tell a story (lol okay sometimes I'm the only one who knows what the story is).  Anyway, currently in the process of becoming a licensed home baker.  Thank you for all the advice and wisdom here!
Welcome Barb! I had taken about 10 years off myself before actually getting back into it last year. This is really one of the best sites I have found for us 'cakers'. The people are very friendly and very helpful explaining their techniques. I think you will like it here. :o)

Barb said:
Hi I'm Barb, I been a member for just a few days.  I love the site, it's so informative and friendly.  I just started doing cakes again after taking about a 20 year break.  My kids are in college now and the desire to do cakes again is back.  So, needless to say I'm a bit rusty and am soaking up all the new stuff like a sponge.  I love doing animals and cakes that tell a story (lol okay sometimes I'm the only one who knows what the story is).  Anyway, currently in the process of becoming a licensed home baker.  Thank you for all the advice and wisdom here!
Hiiiiii !!!! I'm so happy to be here. My name is Vicki Lawson. I'm 48 years old. My daughter, Amber Toledo, opened a home-based bakery in our home town and I'm her biggest fan. We bake together and experiment with new flavors all the time. Check out her fb page Tootsweets Cupcakery. Hopefully I'll be able to get that page sync'd here so you all can give us your opinions on some of our ideas. We love to share and swap. Our twitter account right now is under my name - ninnyof4boys That's because Amber has 4 beautiful boys, 12 yrs old, 4 yrs old and 3 yr old twins!
Hi, my name is Jeanne and I joined a little while back but never introduced myself. I am interested in making a home business and I joined to get some ideas and support. If anyone can help me on how to get a home business started it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and love the website!
Welcome Barb,  For someone who is a bit rusty, you do great looking cakes. I myself drop out the cake scene for awhile, but I still no how to do a rose etc. It is like riding a bike, you do not forget how to ride, it comes automatic.   Brian

Barb said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service