Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi newbies, 

Welcome to Cakes We Bake. Please introduce yourself here.

Views: 8254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi everyone,  my name is Janet.  I joined this site because I have seen many great ideas and comments. I  have a home base cake business.  I am looking for to give and receive great ideas... Thanks!

Salutations Everyone!

My name is Kate. I'm 23, living in Spokane WA, and love, love, love cakes! I'm lucky enough to be a finalist on TLC's "The Next Great Baker." It's down to five contestants and it's up to Americans vote to pick the baker's dozen. I need all of your help to make this dream come true for me. Please go to

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/next-great-baker/view-and-vote/next-gre...

and vote for me, Kate Duske. My passion and dedication is in cake decorating and I guaranteed that will show through during the show!  Thank you!

Cheers,

Kate Duske

Hi Janet!

Looking forward to sharing ideas!

Kate

Janet W said:

Hi everyone,  my name is Janet.  I joined this site because I have seen many great ideas and comments. I  have a home base cake business.  I am looking for to give and receive great ideas... Thanks!

hello everyone, I'm newbie here, good to know that ppl of the same interest share great ideas and photos of our efforts.  Just uploaded some of mine.. I'm so inspired to try other styles as what i can see from others..  Keep the cakes coming!

Grace here, currently in Kuala Lumpur... I'm from Philippines.

Hello All.  My name is Bonnell and I joined a few days ago.  I've been baking and decorating for about 3 yrs now but as a hobby since I work full time as an RN.  I'm excited I will be able to start selling some cakes in less than a month due to our new Cottage Food law here in Texas.  Not sure I understand all the ins & outs of the law yet but I'll get there soon (actually, the tax part is what I'm unsure of).  Hope to learn some new techniques here.  Thanks to everyone for sharing their talent.

Hi Everyone!  It has always been about the taste of the cake for me!  But last fall I decided cakes should look as good as they taste!  So I am learning to decorate!  I have slowly built up my arsenal of tools, taken all the Wilton classes that are easily available in my area and last month took a roadtrip vacation to Nashville to take Fondant classes.   I believe practice makes perfect, my teenaged son is actually getting sick of cake, so any potluck or event we are invited to, I always bring a cake.  I would eventually like to get into cakes as a business, but for now I am happy to delight my friends, family and church community with my sweet treats!  

Kathie

Hello I'm Suzi , I would like to join this network to share some ideas and help other cake decorators Specially kids. For kids Cake decorating is a lot of fun. With a little instruction and practice anyone can be decorating cakes in no time. Learn-Cake-Decorating.com is an one stop shop for everything need to learn about cake decorating.
Goodmorning you all,

I am Gertiemeke from the Netherlands
Surfing around I found this interesting site and I hope I may join you
My English is not very good, but I hope you will forgive my mistakes
I am married, have 2 grown up children and a husband
Home baking is my hobby, I have a lot to learn, hope to find ideas and inspiration this site
Edit : thanks for the ebook

Welkom Gertiemeke

Love your name.  Do they call you Gertie.   My former supervisor was Dutch.  I was in homecare for 20 yrs., now just retired, and I had a lot of Dutch clients here in Canada ( Ontario ). Such wonderful, sweet people. 

Hi,

I'm from Central Jersey, I joined the site a couple of days ago. I've been building cakes almost a year now. I've been an elevator mech for 23 yrs and have been doing home renovations my whole life. So its safe to say I have a strong construction background, LOL.

My cake hobby started as a challenge from my wife. last September we were watching an episode of The Cake Boss, he was making a building. So the my construction eye was picking out all the imperfections. Lines weren't straight, walls were wavey, things were sagging. Thats when my wife turned to me and said," do you think you can do better". LOL. So now I'm called "The Cake Constructor".

I enjoy this hobby alot, it is a perfect outlet for me to be creative.  

June Kowalczyk said:

Welkom Gertiemeke

Love your name.  Do they call you Gertie.   My former supervisor was Dutch.  I was in homecare for 20 yrs., now just retired, and I had a lot of Dutch clients here in Canada ( Ontario ). Such wonderful, sweet people. 

Thank you so much June ;)) Actualy they call me Tineke I think there are a lot of Dutch people in Canada , Nice to hear your experience with Duth people are so good ;)) Do you happen to speak à little Duth too ?
Have a nice weekend, its sunny outhere I hope it nice there to

Ah.....Tinke, hace heard that name many times.  No, unfortunately, I do not speak Dutch.  My husband is Polish, and I know only a few words in that language as well.  He cannot speak fluently anymore, but does understand simple Polish.  But the mind is a computer, and all that Polish is "stored". We are now both retired, and plan in the coming years, visit Poland.  All his language will come back when he is immmersed in the sound of it.  When he came to Canada at 3 yrs. old, he didn't learn english until he went to school.

It is hot as "you know what" here, and we hav not had significant rain for weeks.  My garden is suffering.  But since it is SO hot outside, better to stay inside with the AC on and practice my cake decorating!!!!!!

Enjoy your weekend too Tinke.  I am going away with friends tomorrow for a few days of R & R.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service