Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi newbies, 

Welcome to Cakes We Bake. Please introduce yourself here.

Views: 8254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, my name is Pam. I joined a couple of weeks ago. I started baking as a hobby and got so many people asking me to do cakes for them I am trying to see what I can really do with this. We have finally gotten a cottage food law passed here in AZ.  I work a day job full time and now  I am now able to legally sell cakes from my home, so  I am very busy some weeks.
Hi, I am new to this profession. I am here for sharing my ideas and take experience of all experts.
Thanks.

Hello Every 1 , My name is Tiffany I recently started baking cakes in Dec of last yr. I am so exited to be up here , I have not been to any classes yet. So everything I have learned has came from Youtube.....I plan on learning a lot from this web site I try to look at everyones cake to get IDEAS on what I want my next cake to look like but they are all so BEAUTIFUL *__* I fall in love with 1 than I see another . I am just HAPPY 2 be here

Hi, everyone! I just joined a few days ago and can already see a "family" oriented atmosphere to this site! Sharing, tips, even criticism when necessary----WONDERFUL!!!  I started baking cakes when I was tall enough to reach the counter in my great-grandmother's kitchen.  (You know---those yummy 'home-made from scratch' things)  However, I did not start 'decorating' my cakes until my children started having 'fancy' cakes for their birthdays. Sometime around 1993-94ish.  Gradually, it spread out a bit to other family and friends.  I DO NOT consider myself a professional, by far, but I certainly love the artistry and creativity I can show through my cakes (All thanks to my Lord and Savior, Jesus!!)  As stated at the beginning, I just recently found this site, but look forward to exploring it more and FOR SURE sharing in others' ideas and comments.  And, just maybe, share something I have done or made and help someone else.  Happy Baking everyone!!!  :)
Boy, there are a lot of excited new members.  How fun!!

Greeting to all.

I have been a hobby baker for over 20 years and will start a Wilton decorating class in a couple of weeks to hopefully improve my cake decorating skills. I look forward to learning and sharing with all of you.

Welcome Claudia!!!!  From a Canadian Caker who has also been a hobby baker for 30 yrs.  I'm off now to bake some bread, and make some royal icing & make icing roses.
Thanks and happy baking.

June Kowalczyk said:
Welcome Claudia!!!!  From a Canadian Caker who has also been a hobby baker for 30 yrs.  I'm off now to bake some bread, and make some royal icing & make icing roses.

Hello to all you bakers and decorators,

my name is Tracy and I am from London, England, UK. I started my business in April 2011 and have called it 'Fondant Fetish - the art of sugar'.

I made my first cake for a family member about 20 years ago, and it grew to making for friends too. Earlier this year I got talking to one of the Mum's at my sons school and she saw some of my creations. She asked me to make her daughter a cake - I made the Dolphin under sea cake and got such a fantastic response I couldn't say no to the orders that came flooding in off the back of it.

I have three children, 6,nearly 4 and 2 years and so my cake work has to happen once my little angels are safely tucked up in their beds. I love working with sugar and Mexican modeling paste is my favourite medium, moulding it is so satisfying.

This is a fantastic site and I'm so glad to have joined you all. I look forward to making friends and learning from everyone.

Best wishes, Tracy :D x

Hi everyone i am Tresa Owens i am self taught and i do this as a hobby! I love to decorate cake and now that Florida has a Cottage Food Law i hope to get my home business up and running!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jennifer Simmons.Excited about new cottage law.Just wanted to introduce myself.

Hello, I just joined yesterday. I have been doing cakes for about 15 years and started as a business about 3 years ago. I work out of my house but I have been thinking about taking my business full scale and opening an actual shop. If anyone has any pointers on that they would be much appreciated! :) I love doing cakes and anything that has to do with cakes!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service