Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi newbies, 

Welcome to Cakes We Bake. Please introduce yourself here.

Views: 8252

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sharnette and welcome to CWB.  I was checking out your photos as you were uploading them - you have real talent and I wish you success.  Thanks also for changing all those numbers to cake names!

Welcome Sharnette.....   :o)

Hi everyone,

My name is Angelina.  I am just starting to bake cakes and putting fondant on them with gum paste flowers.  My first cake turned out so good and everyone liked it that it gave me the fever to go further with it.  It is just a hobby, but I love it.  This forum will help me so much to learn.  I am so eager to learn especially using fondant and gum paste.  Wish I was able to go to school but I am not in a position financially to do that so I am relying on web sites like this one to be schooled.

thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this wonderful site.

Angie

Welcome Angie
You will find friends & cake help here. If a member can't help you, they can direct you to a website/tutorial that can. A good portion of members here are self taught, myself included. Taken a couple of courses, I think 3, mostly learned by trial & error, the web & members help here.

Welcome Angelina.  I too am an amateur and self taught.  I'll tell you I have learnt so much and gained confidence to try new things since joining.  You will find plenty of support here.

Thank you Katy

Katy Nott said:

Welcome Angelina.  I too am an amateur and self taught.  I'll tell you I have learnt so much and gained confidence to try new things since joining.  You will find plenty of support here.

Hi everyone!
Just joined this site, and can't wait to learn everything I need to make beautiful cakes like the cakes pictured on this site.
I have made a few already but could use some tips in certain steps of the decorating process.
My goal is to be able to learn and create cakes to donate to local charities and fundraisers. Plus to make awesome cakes for my grand kids!
Baking is my way of relaxing, have the feeling I'm going to be very relaxed baking cakes and visiting this site often.
Lori

Welcome Lori,  You have come to the right place.  I have found this great friends on this site who have given me encouragement when I needed it.  Would love to see what you have done so far. 

Thank you! I am not the best at uploading pictures, so will have to get my husband to do it for me.
This week my goal is to get a soccer cake, tie dyed & Ice Age Cake done. Might take me into next week:) All cakes are baked and in freezer so I'm part way there..lol
Look forward to spending more time here and getting to know other bakers.

Goreti said:

Welcome Lori,  You have come to the right place.  I have found this great friends on this site who have given me encouragement when I needed it.  Would love to see what you have done so far. 

I'm a little late in my welcome to you but here it is "welcome" to the best helpful and friendly site on the web.

Sharnette Hallenbeck said:

Well my name is Sharnette I live in New Braunfels TX and have started a bakery out of my home thanks to the cottage food law. I am happy to be here to share and learn.

Welcome Lori
Great site, great cakers. We're here to help each other. :o)
Thank you all. I'm so excited to start reading all the great ideas and can't stop looking at all the pictures of the beautiful cakes. Getting very little done around the house, but I don't care. This is way more fun!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service