Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi newbies, 

Welcome to Cakes We Bake. Please introduce yourself here.

Views: 8254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Chef Sam and welcome to CWB - a very friendly and information packed site.  Enjoy!

Chef Sam said:

Hi.

I'm Chef Sam and I'm a Cake-a-holic.

I live in Cape Town, South Africa and I work from home.

I have a full blown cake business, with my house bursting at the seams! But premises  are so expensive to rent here in South Africa, it's virtually impossible.

I post most of my cake pics on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chef.sams.kitchen

I so love the art of Cake decorating, and just cant get enough!

I look forward to getting to know the people who post here and also to get input on my cakes. (even constructive critism!)

PS: Here in Africa there are no lions and tigers in the streets. They live in Zoos and national parks! ;) xx

Hi I'm Judelyn and I am from the Philippines. I've always wanted to learn baking and decorating cakes. I've made cookies and cupcakes before. Now, I trying to make breads and hopefully soon I'll start baking cakes and decorating them. I never had any formal training on baking, so basically I'm a self taught baker, I'm looking forward to learn from you guys. Happy to be here! :D

Welcome Judelyn - enjoy the site!

Welcome Judelyn

Enjoy the site......   :o)

Hi I'm Wendy Stay in bluff dbn, have newly found my pasion for cake baking and can't afford courses so learning online and by asking people like u guys stuppid questions haha

Welcome Wendy - we take all sorts of questions, stupid or not lol!  Seriously, no question is stupid.  If you don't know, you don't know.  Everything is only easy when you know how.  There are quite a few tutorials this site and youtube is a wonderful source of information too.  Sign up to Craftsy.com - they have some free lessons and often offer discounts on paid online courses.

Hi Wendy

Welcome to CWB. As Katy says, there are no silly questions.  Don't like the word stupid,  implies your feeble minded, which I am most assured,  you are not!!   There is a whole wealth of free information out there for self taught cakers, as Katy & I are. Both Katy & I belong to the "Self Taught Decorators"  group here on CWB. Like Katy mentioned,  YouTube,  Craftsy.com,  another source is to Google whatever it is you need to know & you will be amazed at the free info that pops up. Also of all places, pinterest.com is a great source.  Inspirational pictures,  great recipes and tutorials.  I have a tutorial section on my pinterest page, mostly cake related.  Just added a couple yesterday. And of course ask away here. Don't think I have ever come up short for a answer with all the experienced cakers here.      :o)

Hi Katy

I tried to find Roseneath Guest House, but it isnt listed anywhere so maybe it has changed its name........

I am this evening attempting my first ever rice Krispie treat character will let you know how that goes.

Kathy

Katy Nott said:

Hi Kathy and welcome to CWB.  You will find this a great site for support, tips and help.  We have a wide range of abilities, from absolute beginners to some serious pros, so you should find help you need for anything here.  My heart skipped a beat when I saw Paignton - brought back many happy childhood memories.  We used to holiday in Paignton when I was a kid (I live in Harrow, Middlesex) and stayed at a guest house run by a lady called Nora Manley.  The guest house was called Roseneath, I think.  This would have been some 45 years ago, so I'm sure Paignton has changed beyond recognition!

Kathy Hughes said:

Hi

I am a Newbie. I am a hobby baker, trying to do more.

I live in Paignton Devon UK

I love kids cakes....

I will put up some photos of cakes I have made recently

I use facebook a lot to get hints from other cake bakers

Ah how sweet of you Kathy.  I'm sure it has long gone - it was a lifetime ago.  Good luck with your rkt character tonight.  I got in a real sticky mess first time I tried lol!  I look forward to see your pictures of it!

Kathy Hughes said:

Hi Katy

I tried to find Roseneath Guest House, but it isnt listed anywhere so maybe it has changed its name........

I am this evening attempting my first ever rice Krispie treat character will let you know how that goes.

Kathy

Katy Nott said:

Hi Kathy and welcome to CWB.  You will find this a great site for support, tips and help.  We have a wide range of abilities, from absolute beginners to some serious pros, so you should find help you need for anything here.  My heart skipped a beat when I saw Paignton - brought back many happy childhood memories.  We used to holiday in Paignton when I was a kid (I live in Harrow, Middlesex) and stayed at a guest house run by a lady called Nora Manley.  The guest house was called Roseneath, I think.  This would have been some 45 years ago, so I'm sure Paignton has changed beyond recognition!

Kathy Hughes said:

Hi

I am a Newbie. I am a hobby baker, trying to do more.

I live in Paignton Devon UK

I love kids cakes....

I will put up some photos of cakes I have made recently

I use facebook a lot to get hints from other cake bakers

Hi everyone

I joined today very new to cake making and decoration,

Had our first dinner party on satruday and decided try some cup cake decorating strawberrys and a fruit bouquet they thought they were great and i thoroughly enjoyed it.

Attachments:

Welcome Sue

You will find lots of info & cakespiration on this site. Very friendly members who are more than willing to help.  :o)

Hi Sue and welcome.  Well your cupcakes were so pretty.  It's always nice to give your dinner guests something personally homemade, makes such a difference and shows you have put effort into entertaining them.  Enjoy belonging!

Sue Laws said:

Hi everyone

I joined today very new to cake making and decoration,

Had our first dinner party on satruday and decided try some cup cake decorating strawberrys and a fruit bouquet they thought they were great and i thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service