Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi newbies, 

Welcome to Cakes We Bake. Please introduce yourself here.

Views: 8253

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ah, but my son is only 28. He would like to get his Phd, but he is in so much debt. can't se that happening, at least for a long time.

Pretty darn good feat getting your degree online with 3 kids...kudo's to you!!!!

Thanks Linda! And thanks June. Yes it was challenging, but I got my degrees in business management and marketing, which will really help when i open my own place not to mention what it has helped with with me working a business from home! i can also understand the debt.mine is outrageous as it is. sad we have college cost so much which really limits who can get an education and how much of one they can get.luckily here, if you volunteer in say a hospital etc, they forgive some of those loans! Thanks to Obama for that.Im sure that is helping some people

Huh.....my son got his master's in sports marketing & administration. He can actually do any type of marketing, but specialized in sports.  Yes the marketing & business will help you I am sure. One thing I learned  at my cake club is you should keep detailed records and receipts. So much easier for income tax time.

Hi.  I'm Melinda.  I've been cake decorating on and off for the past 24 years.  I'm working on getting my name out there so that I can start up a small business.  I'm here to learn tips and tricks and provide any knowledge of my own to make cakes that much better! :)

Welcome Melinda! Looking forward to seeing your creative talents!

Melinda Smith said:

Hi.  I'm Melinda.  I've been cake decorating on and off for the past 24 years.  I'm working on getting my name out there so that I can start up a small business.  I'm here to learn tips and tricks and provide any knowledge of my own to make cakes that much better! :)

Welcome Melinda

With your experience, looking forward to picking your cakers brain!!!!!

Hi Shirley.  I'm from Nor Cal myself, currently located in Fairfield.  Pretty impressive resume you have there! :)

Well, welcome Shirley, and you better watch out because we are gonna pick your brains for information! Nothing like having a veteran decorator that can give us all a helping hand! I can't wait to see what all you will be putting up for your pictures. welcome again!

Shirley Wilson said:

Hello,

My name is Shirley and I am from Northern California, East Bay Area near San Francisco. I have been doing cakes since 1959 and never think you can stop learning. There is always someone with a new, fresh idea and I immediately want to learn the technique myself. My favorite type of sugar work would be gumpaste flowers. I  have taken lessons since waaay back. Edith Gates, Lambeth class in 1964,  British decorating with Evelyn Wallace, Mexican from Marithe de Alavarado, Australian and South African from Barbara Boeving, figure piping from John McNamara, chocolate from Jacques Torres and another from Alice Medrich, pulled and blown sugar from Ewald Notter and gumpaste flowers from Nicholas Lodge. Given the money and opportunity I would love to take a Planet Cake course in Australia and a flower class from Alan Dunn in the UK.

Hoping to learn new things here, make a few new sugar friends and share whatever I can with you.

Whoa Shirley

70 + and still caking!!!! Cool.  Looking foward to seeing your work, and gleaning info form you.

What an inspiration...and what a sense of humor! lol

Shirley Wilson said:

I will be caking until they carry me out with a toe tag on my foot and a piping bag in my hand! :)

Hi,

I am Julie from Mumbai, India. I love baking and thats the reason i am here. 

Baking has been my passion since childhood. Here i am looking for good icing recipes which i can use for decorating cakes  and also to interact with people who share the same passion for baking.

Welcome Julie! This is a very friendly site and most everyone is willing to share. Iwill be looking forward to seeing some of your cakes!

Julie sheejo John said:

Hi,

I am Julie from Mumbai, India. I love baking and thats the reason i am here. 

Baking has been my passion since childhood. Here i am looking for good icing recipes which i can use for decorating cakes  and also to interact with people who share the same passion for baking.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service