Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi newbies, 

Welcome to Cakes We Bake. Please introduce yourself here.

Views: 8246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

By the way, your cakes are beautiful.  You are very talented.
Hey.......did you notice Gail.  We are both leaning our chin's on our hands in our profile pic.  Great minds think alike!!!
lol now i do notice it . . ur so rite , i didnt even know when my man was takeing that pic . lol . i take awfull pic's . but this is the latest pic i have so i fig i would post it . lol . cant wait to see some more cakes . keep on cakeing . ; )

June Kowalczyk said:
Hey.......did you notice Gail.  We are both leaning our chin's on our hands in our profile pic.  Great minds think alike!!!

thank you . i love doing it . i thought my love was in my florist . but i truly love designing cakes . wish they had a spell check , i have MS  some of the time i can spell , than some times i go blank . lol
June Kowalczyk said:
posted a pic of me from a few wks ago . one that i did note relisze my man snaped. lol

Linda Wolff said:

Well, I haven't let anyone take my pic for years. I guess I should get past the wrinkles and just do it. In all honesty, Gail, I thought that from your pic, you must have been in your early 30s, so when you said 60s, I just couldn't believe how good you looked at 60.

gail dalessio said:

LOL . YAH THAT PIC IS ABOUT TEN OR MORE . YR'S OLD , MY MOST RECENT PIC' IS ON FACE BOOK FROM LAST YR . HAVE MY HEAD HIGH . LOL MAKES ME LOOK BETTER LOL . FACE BOOK NAME- GAIL ANN DINKEL .
Your cakes are beautiful Sonia

Hey Gail

I just retired from doing homecare, 20 yrs., in the community.  I worked with a lot of MS clients. I only kept one friend from my clients, and she has MS.  Before I retired, I was with her twice a day,  5 x's a week.  When I started taking care of her, she could walk, but sadly she is now in a electric wheelchair. I recognized the typing cause that is how she types too. Unfortunately, she has a virulent type of MS.

How do you find decorating with your hands?
gail dalessio said:

thank you . i love doing it . i thought my love was in my florist . but i truly love designing cakes . wish they had a spell check , i have MS  some of the time i can spell , than some times i go blank . lol
June Kowalczyk said:

June Kowalczyk said:

Hey Gail

I just retired from doing homecare, 20 yrs., in the community.  I worked with a lot of MS clients. I only kept one friend from my clients, and she has MS.  Before I retired, I was with her twice a day,  5 x's a week.  When I started taking care of her, she could walk, but sadly she is now in a electric wheelchair. I recognized the typing cause that is how she types too. Unfortunately, she has a virulent type of MS.

gail dalessio said: oh some times its hard . i try not to think about it . i was in a wheel chair for a while and dipes , ,, haveing black outs all kinds of nasy stuff , had braces also , , but i said to myself , i will not take any more of thease shots every day and i will walk with out all this s~~t . and i did . my mine is keeping me going now . saying to myself go girl , ,,,,i take some meds but not like i used to , i was takeing like 15 pills and a shot every day . i am down to 8 . and no shots . and felling much better with out all them meds, i still trip over my own feet . walk with a walking stick out side due to the ups and downs in the ground. my hand get stuck some time ,s , were i cant open them or move my fingars . . i think thats why i am so slow with doing my cakes . but my love for doing it keeps me going any way . going to try to keep going well into my 80's maybe 90's he he .

June Kowalczyk said:

You should look into vitamin D.  New research shows high doses help.  Seems countries closer to the equator,  Hot countries, ie: India for example, have very small % of the population with MS.  Colder climates, much higher rate.  They think the warmth/sunshine has something to do with it.  Vit D is the "sunshine" vitamin.

Also excercise & weights are so important for the muscles.  Keeping them strong.  You can't control nerve damage that has already occured, muscles will be affected there, but strength training with weights & excercise really helps keep what you have.  And massage therapy, if you can afford that Gail, it really does help. 

gail dalessio said:

June Kowalczyk said:

Hey Gail

gail dalessio said: oh some times its hard . i try not to think about it . i was in a wheel chair for a while and dipes , ,, haveing black outs all kinds of nasy stuff , had braces also , , but i said to myself , i will not take any more of thease shots every day and i will walk with out all this s~~t . and i did . my mine is keeping me going now . saying to myself go girl , ,,,,i take some meds but not like i used to , i was takeing like 15 pills and a shot every day . i am down to 8 . and no shots . and felling much better with out all them meds, i still trip over my own feet . walk with a walking stick out side due to the ups and downs in the ground. my hand get stuck some time ,s , were i cant open them or move my fingars . . i think thats why i am so slow with doing my cakes . but my love for doing it keeps me going any way . going to try to keep going well into my 80's maybe 90's he he .

June Kowalczyk said:
I am thinking I need to bite the old bullet and get a new one too. It's just that I can't stand seeing any pics of myself. UGH!

gail dalessio said:
posted a pic of me from a few wks ago . one that i did note relisze my man snaped. lol

Linda Wolff said:

Well, I haven't let anyone take my pic for years. I guess I should get past the wrinkles and just do it. In all honesty, Gail, I thought that from your pic, you must have been in your early 30s, so when you said 60s, I just couldn't believe how good you looked at 60.

gail dalessio said:

LOL . YAH THAT PIC IS ABOUT TEN OR MORE . YR'S OLD , MY MOST RECENT PIC' IS ON FACE BOOK FROM LAST YR . HAVE MY HEAD HIGH . LOL MAKES ME LOOK BETTER LOL . FACE BOOK NAME- GAIL ANN DINKEL .
i do take vita D . my wieght is not so bad . last time i was wieght i was 132 thats after being on steriods . , for my astama , if i am not on it for my  MS  i am on it for astama , change of seasons do me in . and we have had the whole mo. of sept rain . so all is moldy outside , damp wet . yucky . ... yes dry temps and warm i do better ur rite .   as far as if i can afford therapy . no cant ! lucky i can get my scripts . lol . i do live alone . oh . with my moms dog and my 2 . i was taking care of my mom in her mobile home for 3 yr's till she past last april , now i am alone . my man comes to see me on wke's . i cant go back to my old apt with him . its too yucky there . after being here for 4 yr's now , i like it . so he is keeping my apt  in ny . and all my things are  there . when he retires he will come live here i guess , lol .( i do like liveing alone) . lol . . oh well guess i could go on . but . what the hell . i am very happy , love caking . and talking with all my new friend here . and looking at all the styles , awesome is'nt it .  

June Kowalczyk said:

You should look into vitamin D.  New research shows high doses help.  Seems countries closer to the equator,  Hot countries, ie: India for example, have very small % of the population with MS.  Colder climates, much higher rate.  They think the warmth/sunshine has something to do with it.  Vit D is the "sunshine" vitamin.

Also excercise & weights are so important for the muscles.  Keeping them strong.  You can't control nerve damage that has already occured, muscles will be affected there, but strength training with weights & excercise really helps keep what you have.  And massage therapy, if you can afford that Gail, it really does help. 

gail dalessio said:

June Kowalczyk said:

Hey Gail

June Kowalczyk said:
When I said weight, I meant "Lifting" weights. 5 lbs perferably.  For your arms & leg strength.  Massage therapy can be pricey here too. I have insurance, but it doesn't cover the whole amount.  I get severe migraines. Thought they would be gone after menopause, but they are not.  Don't get them as often, but still get them

gail dalessio said:
i do take vita D . my wieght is not so bad . last time i was wieght i was 132 thats after being on steriods . , for my astama , if i am not on it for my  MS  i am on it for astama , change of seasons do me in . and we have had the whole mo. of sept rain . so all is moldy outside , damp wet . yucky . ... yes dry temps and warm i do better ur rite .   as far as if i can afford therapy . no cant ! lucky i can get my scripts . lol . i do live alone . oh . with my moms dog and my 2 . i was taking care of my mom in her mobile home for 3 yr's till she past last april , now i am alone . my man comes to see me on wke's . i cant go back to my old apt with him . its too yucky there . after being here for 4 yr's now , i like it . so he is keeping my apt  in ny . and all my things are  there . when he retires he will come live here i guess , lol .( i do like liveing alone) . lol . . oh well guess i could go on . but . what the hell . i am very happy , love caking . and talking with all my new friend here . and looking at all the styles , awesome is'nt it .  

June Kowalczyk said:

gail dalessio said:

June Kowalczyk said:

Hey Gail

June Kowalczyk said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service