Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

I am in need of some info. I have been trying to get the word out about my cakes and need to know what is the best way to do that. I have a website and i have put it up on here, facebook, twitter, and all the other networking sites i can think of still, not very helpful to my dismay. If anyone knows a better, cheap even possibly free, way to get the news out about my cakes and website please help!!!!!!!

www.cakes-by-kristin.webs.com

Thank you,

Kristin Louk

Views: 216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I totally agree with Kristin.  You need to totally re-do your website.  It is not professional looking.  From the picture on your home page I can see your work has improved and you need to showcase that improved work:)

And PLEASE! Please, please do NOT say you have 'cheap' pricing.

Regarding pricing: from one cake mix you (usually) can make 24 cupcakes; you charge $1.85 (I think that's what you said) which means you get $44.50 for that one cake mix.  At $3.80 per serving for that same cake mix if it is baked in a 10x2 (single layer) round that serves 18 will cost the customer $71.40!  Yikes:)

I have been out of business for 6 years but I sold a 10" round for $20-$25.  I realize pricing has gone up a whole lot but I think $70+ is really HIGH - not cheap as you said on your home page.

Customers do not care if a cake shown is your 1st try at a fondant covered cake or that you made it 'in Sept. of this year'. 

As for 'drumming up business' donate, donate, donate.  Find offices, banks etc where you can offer free b'day cake for each perosn.  Make them a 6" or 8" single layer rounds - one cake mix  will make 2/8"ers or 3/6"ers; keep them in the fzr until needed.  They will stay fresh for months if wrapped well in plastic wrap and then placed in a plastic bag.  Make the offer at the bank you use, the dentist, doctor, hair dresser, and large office buildings.  Ask if you can leave a flyer on the bulletin board of the employee break room.  For special occasions leave a small sample or pictures.  Like for Easter I made sugar panorama eggs and would leave one for people to see.  For Val day I made 10" heart cookies - again leaving one at each office building and boy did I get orders!  One year I did something like 50 of those cookies.  I could bake 3 from one cake mix - Yes! make cookies from cake mix:) - and have them decorated and ready to deliver within 2 hours.   

Put your thinking cap on and get busy :)  Start with revamping that web page.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service