Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

This discussion is for everyone to introduce themselves. Let us know where you from. I'm from High Point, North Carolina. And have been making cakes for about a year but only seriously for about 4 mnths now.

Views: 1299

Replies to This Discussion

I'm from Moorhead Minnesota. This town is located right beside Fargo, ND.
Hi, I am from Nazareth Illit in Israel, I started decorating cakes only 7 months ago, fondan/gumpaste only and love doing it. I make flowers but like modeling figures best. I am self-taught from books, internet sites and forums as well as YouTube. I hope to keep learning and improve with more practice. I only make cakes for people I love and care about, like family and good friends. I find that a decorated cake is a nice present, better than just another something people don't need

i'm right now in austin.never tried in cake bakings,but planning to give a trial this month for my friend's son bday.will see the results:)

i'm from Portugal but i'm leaving im Moçambique
I am in the Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina. I've been decorating less than a year, but I'm already addicted.
Hello everyone. My name is Fran and I am from Hohenwald, TN. I recently moved to Lake Charles, Louisiana, and have much time on my hands while staying at home with my son. I started baking and decorating cakes for the grandkids and my children about 6 months ago, and out of the blue got an order for a wedding cake in January. I am definately not good enough for this, but done my best. The couple was exstatic, they loved it (Thank You LORD). The funny thing is that I got this cake after making my daughter in laws tink cake that was a total disaster, it did not turn out any where near what I had planned or envisioned..LOL.. Here are the pics. I am looking forward to learning from and with you all.
Attachments:
Welcome and enjoy. This is a great forum where we learn from each other.

Frances Zirkle said:
Hello everyone. My name is Fran and I am from Hohenwald, TN. I recently moved to Lake Charles, Louisiana, and have much time on my hands while staying at home with my son. I started baking and decorating cakes for the grandkids and my children about 6 months ago, and out of the blue got an order for a wedding cake in January. I am definately not good enough for this, but done my best. The couple was exstatic, they loved it (Thank You LORD). The funny thing is that I got this cake after making my daughter in laws tink cake that was a total disaster, it did not turn out any where near what I had planned or envisioned..LOL.. Here are the pics. I am looking forward to learning from and with you all.
Hello all! I am from Grafton, WI. The only cake I made was the picture I have on my profile. I had so much fun doing it and everyone loved it I realized I really had fun doing this and would like to keep going! I want to learn and hear everyones input about cake decorating and making cakes!
Hi, I'm from Melbourne, Australia..... I've just started decorating my cakes...... would love to do a course but am learning on my own for the time being.
Hello, I live in Birmingham, Alabama and have just been mainly amking cakes for friends for a few months. I am just starting and have alot to learn.
Hi!  I am a helicopter flight nurse in Houston TX.  I have been baking since I was old enough to reach the counter top with my mother.  I have started baking more..especially decorated cakes and pies in the past 10 years and I LOVE it!  My dream is to win the lottery so I can open a bakery.  My husband is an awesome homemade kolache baker(a skill he learned from his Czech grandmother) and we love to get into the kitchen and bake it up. I have taken the Wilton beginner's course and have self taught myself fondant and some gum paste....you tube videos are the best teachers.  I am a perfectionist and I joined this site to hopefully get better at what I do.
I am from Chicago. I just finished wilton course 1 and I am hooked!  I always done cakes but had no idea on how to decorate using tips, buttercream or any tools.  I willl soon start Course 2.  I am excited and I discovered a new passion in cake decorating! It relaxes me and helps me stray away from stress!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service