Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

One of my June Brides would like to incorporate the custom monogram they are using throughout the wedding.  It is very intricate.  Quite Frankly, I doubt it can be piped in buttercream.  On past occasions, brides have provided me with customized stamps.  I then use the stamp (regular or negative space) on fondant & use a little luster dust.

I'm curious if anyone has used any other methods?  There has to be a way to make a silicone mold.  There's plenty of time & I am very open to suggestions.

Views: 795

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This may sound crazy but i don't have a printer, so I gotta come up with crazy ways to do things. (I am also a hobbist.) I take 2 tv (food) tables and set a reading lamp (that has the arm hinge that moves the light up and down) and set it on the floor. I take 2 of (8x10) glass from a picture frame and tape my picture in between. I place a frosting sheet on top.  Space the tables where you can put the glass on each and have enough space for the light to come up though for you to comfortably draw. Cut the light on underneath and trace away. You could do the same on a sheet of white paper, then do your chocolate transfer that way, too. It's time consuming, but it works.

Well Laney

If you want to make your own mold, there are 2 ways. There is a website....makeyourownmold.com. You can ck that out. My local Michael's has a few "kits" that you can use to make your own mold, but being that your design is very intriate, not sure if it would be adequate enough. Doesn't hurt tho to check it out too.

It's all your fault!  I've convinced myself I just have to have one!

Kim Barnes said:

love my cricut as well but if you want to do stuff that is not on cartridges check out the silloute   it cuts with computer images i believe

June, I love the makeyourownmold.com site!  I just thought this was going to be so intricate I wasn't even sure a mold would do it.  You guys are so wonderful.  I love having a place full of great ideas!

Glad to help. That's what were here for.

What would it be worth to have someone make a perfect 3-d silicone mold of that monogram? What size does it need to be, and do you need a couple or more in different sizes? For all this is $150 out of the ballpark?

A beginners silicone mold kit @ make your own mold only costs $37 + shipping. Unless you are a pro, you can't write off $150. To me that is too expensive for one project.

There is another putty called Amazing Mold Putty that is found in the femo clay art section that I have found at Hobby Lobby. If I remember correctly, it costs about $19.99, and if you use Hobby Lobby weekly on line 40% coupon off one regular priced item, it really cuts the cost almost in half. It is food safe and mixes up in minutes, and sets up in just a few minutes too. Great stuff. Hobby Lobby has been having their weekly 40% off internet coupon for ages now, so I don't see them stopping any time soon.

June Kowalczyk said:

A beginners silicone mold kit @ make your own mold only costs $37 + shipping. Unless you are a pro, you can't write off $150. To me that is too expensive for one project.

I was going to suggest this also Linda. They sell this at Michaels's as well. Also can use a 40% coupon.

Have you ever used it? Curious, always wanted to give it a try.

YES! I love it! It sets up in just a few minutes and you can use it right away!

June Kowalczyk said:

I was going to suggest this also Linda. They sell this at Michaels's as well. Also can use a 40% coupon.

Have you ever used it? Curious, always wanted to give it a try.

Yes, I was looking at it at Michael's today.  It is $19.99 and they accept AC Moore's coupons too.  The coupon next week for AC Moore is 50% so I'm thinking of getting it myself.

It is sooo worth it Goreti and June! Especially when you use the coupon.

Goreti said:

Yes, I was looking at it at Michael's today.  It is $19.99 and they accept AC Moore's coupons too.  The coupon next week for AC Moore is 50% so I'm thinking of getting it myself.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service