Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Share your story about how the cake decorating bug bit you....

I took a cake decorating class with the Girl Scouts when I was 8. Since there were never any desserts in the house, I was baking every chance I got. Like many of you, I started with an Easy Bake oven. My first homemade cake was disgusting. I used safflower oil, because I didn't know any better. I remember my brother eating pure Crisco out of the can. He thought it was icing. My parents were on a health food kick, so there were never any sweets in the house. I guess it's a rebellious thing that I always have sweets in the house. My sister rebelled worse than I did. When I got stuck with her room, after I came back from college, every crack and crevice had a candy bar wrapper hidden in it ... in the radiator, between moulding, in the back of drawers. Now, when she comes over, by the time I tell her I have brownies in tin foil in the cabinet, she says, "I ate it already." She has sugar radar.

So, I'm happy to say I don't buy health food! It was all those little moths in the bins at the health food store that grossed me out!

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our son was born in 07 and I became a stay at home mom. We got TV for the first time in 5 years ( we were never home and just didn't have time for it before). I then discovered the Food Network and as my sons 1st birthday rolled around I decided to experiment with a pirate ship cake. The cake turned out awesome. Friends and family are now asking me to make cakes for them. I've never had a decorating class but I would like to take one some day. All I have learned has been trial and error and by watching Challenge on the Food Network.
well as for me i got very sick,,,,, and my doctor told me that i couldn't work again that i need to do something at home so she told me to go and take bakeing classes since i love to cook for my family and friend. so i started to take wilton class and other classes around florida and i also took class in the convention in orlando in 2008 but it been fun doing it but i still have lots to learn but cake we bake has great video that has show me alot also l love this web site.....i'm so glad that i have meet great people that help other to make a great cake as well for me so i'm so glad to be part of this team......thank u very much for all the lady for being my new friends..........if i can help any one please give me an email and i will try my best to help u take care lady and god bless all.........

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service