Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Enter your fashionista cake by Wednesday, March 27th for a chance to win. Fashionista cakes will be considered any cakes decorated with clothing and/or jewelry decorations. Sponsored by Icing Images.

Icing Images offers edible printing supplies including icing sheets, edible ink, edible ink printing systems and electronic cake cutters.

1st place prize: $100 gift certificate to Icing Images

2nd place prize: $50 gift certificate to Icing Images

How To Enter:

Add the photo to your profile (not the forum). Photos must include a description of the materials/techniques used to make your cake.   Only cake entries will be accepted - no cupcakes, cake pops or cake balls. Cakes that do not fit the theme will not be entered.

The photo title (required) will be a suitable title for picture, but it may not remain a string of numbers associated with a file name on your computer. To enter the contest, add the TAG 975 to your picture. 1 entry per person and 1 photo per entry. All entries will be featured at the top of the photos page. (This is a manual process, so please be patient). If your photo has already been favorited, please upload the photo again. This is to create a level playing field.

The top ten cakes will be determined by the number of people selecting it as their favorite with the favorite button.  Voting will take place from Thursday, March 28th to Monday, April 1st. The top ten cakes will be displayed on Tuesday, April 2nd. I am going to be away, so the winners will be announced on April 10th.

Congratulations:

1st place: Gaynor Collingwood

and 2nd place: Lisa Seidling

Views: 766

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry, guys. I keep on doing this. I sent the email out saying the entry deadline was March 17th. It's March 27th.

Hi, I'm new at this site. I don't know how to post my pics of cakes. I would like to try to enter the contest you just posted. Can you help me? Thanks Ali.

Hi Theresa,

Thanks for this competition.  I wanted to confirm that in order for a cake to qualify for this competition it can only have clothing and/or jewelry decorations.  Do makeup and shoes qualify for this?

Thanks again!

Hi Ali, I am one of the moderators of the site. If you would like to submit a picture for the contest, it will need a title to the photo rather than just numbers, and it will need a description on how it is made, and it will have to have a tag number added to the photo of 975. For me the easiest way to add a photo is to start on the home page and look for the type writer at the top in the red header. Click onto the type writer where it says add content and a menu will show up. Look down to the second entry on the menu and you will see a little camera with the words cake photos. Click onto that link and it will walk you through on how to add your photo and where to tag it. I hope this will help you.

ali fanelli said:

Hi, I'm new at this site. I don't know how to post my pics of cakes. I would like to try to enter the contest you just posted. Can you help me? Thanks Ali.

Hi Mizztry, I am one of the moderators to this site and you can have make-up on the cake, but only as an embellishment and not the main theme of the cake.  Yes you can have shoes, purses, jewelry, and clothing items on the cake.

Mizztry said:

Hi Theresa,

Thanks for this competition.  I wanted to confirm that in order for a cake to qualify for this competition it can only have clothing and/or jewelry decorations.  Do makeup and shoes qualify for this?

Thanks again!

bump

where do i cclick to actualoy get to see the cakes submitted for the fashionista contest.  I've tried everywhere

Carmen you go to the main page, click "view all", it takes you to the posted cake photos. There at the top of the page you will see "Featured Photos". Click view all under the featured photos, and they all come up.

Hope I explained that clearly.  :o)

Carmen - slightly different way to see them also is -

Go to main page, along the top headers you will see PHOTOS, click on that.  You will then see Featured Cake Photos and get a line of about 5 photos.  Just under that, click View All and you will get nothing but the cake contest entry pictures.

Congratulations, Gaynor Collingwood and Lisa Seidling on your gorgeous Fashionista cakes!

Thank you so much - I never in a million years thought I would win with all the beautiful entries.  

But I'm thrilled to bits.

I wonder if you could tell me what happens next.  I have emailed the company who sponsored to ask if

I could purchase additional items along with whatever prize covers but not heard anything back from them.

Thank you

Hi Gaynor, you need to contact Terri Happe with a private message and she will give you the heads up concerning what to do. Her profile pic is right above your question. Hope this helps. Terri is the owner of this site.

Gaynor Collingwood said:

Thank you so much - I never in a million years thought I would win with all the beautiful entries.  

But I'm thrilled to bits.

I wonder if you could tell me what happens next.  I have emailed the company who sponsored to ask if

I could purchase additional items along with whatever prize covers but not heard anything back from them.

Thank you

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service