Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Crimped Cake Contest - May 16, 2012 - CANCELLED 5-21-12

Crimped Cake Contest:

Enter your cake made with any type of crimping technique  by Wednesday, June 6th for a chance to win. Sponsored by Simi Cakes. Simi Cakes offers cake decorating supplies and classes by Sidney Galpern.

1st place prize: $50 gift certificate to Simi Cakes

2nd place prize: $25 gift certificate to Simi Cakes

How To Enter:

Add the photo to your profile (not the forum). Photos must include a description of the materials/techniques used to make your cake.   Only cake entries will be accepted - no cupcakes, cake pops or cake balls. Cakes that do not fit the theme will not be entered.

The photo title (required) will be a suitable title for picture, but it may not remain a string of numbers associated with a file name on your computer. To enter the contest, add the TAG  516 to your picture. 1 entry per person and 1 photo per entry. All entries will be featured at the top of the photos page. (This is a manual process, so please be patient). If your photo has already been favorited, please upload the photo again. This is to create a level playing field.

The top ten cakes will be determined by the number of people selecting it as their favorite with the favorite button.  Voting will take place from Thursday, June 7th to Monday, June 11th. The top ten cakes will be displayed on Tuesday, June 12th. The judges will vote from June 13 - 14. The winners will be posted on Friday, June 15th.

Please do not solicit votes or your entry will be disqualified.

Views: 529

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Doesn't anyone do crimping? Oh, sigh. I thought more people would have it on their cakes.

I added mine! :-) 

no :( I have never done this before...

I purchased a couple of crimpers about a year ago.  They haven't been out of the package yet.  Crimping is supposed to be easy -- we will see.

This will be my first time crimpimg. I'm going to buy a crimper this week. I'm hoping I'll be able to make the deadline for entry.

Theresa Happe said:

Doesn't anyone do crimping? Oh, sigh. I thought more people would have it on their cakes.

Ok, this contest is not going over very well, so I'm changing it.

Terri, there are two that are pending a title change. Do we contact them and tell them to not worry about it after all?

Theresa Happe said:

This contest has been cancelled.

They'll probably see the change in the email I sent out.

Linda Wolff said:

Terri, there are two that are pending a title change. Do we contact them and tell them to not worry about it after all?

Theresa Happe said:

I contacted them too.

Theresa Happe said:

They'll probably see the change in the email I sent out.

Linda Wolff said:

Theresa Happe said:

I was actually inspired and wanted to try crimping.  I had my design all ready to go and was going to pick up the crimpers tomorrow!  I think I will still go ahead with the cake so I can experiment with them, but would have loved to be part of the contest!

I also had a crimp design planned and was looking forward to it. I'll do mine anyway just for fun.

I don't have a father's day cake and won't start designing one this late in the game. It's okay, maybe next time! They have to go with the majority.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service