Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi there!  I just landed my first wedding cake and they'd like celtic knots and celtic hearts on it... in piped buttercream.  I just gave it a whirl to practice and feel completely defeated.  I've searched the web, and I don't see ANY that are all buttercream - any ideas out there?  They don't want any fondant or gumpaste on the cake at all... should I say no to the request, or should I buy maybe a silicone mold and try chocolate decorations?  I'd love to hear from you!

~H

Views: 1480

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Back to being intimidated! lol!  Lovely Cake Jerri!    I've wanted to get those stencils and cutters, I just need the right excuse!  :)

jeri c said:

http://www.cakeswebake.com/photo/bible-doves-on-top-of-will/next?co...  here is the link to the cake I did... used the stencils on some tiers and the cutters on the other.  They loved it.

lol.....Terri is the owner of this sight, Holly! She would get a kick out of your comment.

Holly F said:

Well, ladies!  I've ordered a sample pack and am excited to try it out.  I don't think I've been around Cakeswebake long enough to know who Terri is, but I can always post a little video of my own fumblings and tastings of it if that doesn't work out. I ordered original, cheesecake, white chocolate amaretto, lemon, and almond. Cross your fingers!

Hugs!
~Holly

That's hilarious!  I'll fully expect my account to be deactivated by morning, and I'll think that's totally fair!

Let's all do a collective eye-roll at the newbie! 

LOL - no worries, Holly. :)  Theresa Happe (Terri) owns the site, and Deah, Sherry Qualls, Linda Wolff and I are moderators (I probably forgot someone in there).

Holly, the stencils are really easy to use and give such a beautiful look.  The knots are just the RVO molds... no reason to be intimidated... they are all very easy to use! 

Received the sample!  Tastes phenominal - it takes powder colors, so I'll need to wait until I go get some to try it all out in the molds, but super excited so far!

How many samples did they send? And, how big are the samples? Are they big enough for you to use on the cake? I am curious, now. Keep us posted as to how it works and which flavor was the best!

Holly F said:

Received the sample!  Tastes phenominal - it takes powder colors, so I'll need to wait until I go get some to try it all out in the molds, but super excited so far!

They asked me to pick five flavors, and I did.  They sent six samples, one of which wasn't labeled... so ???

I took a picture and added a quarter for you to see the size, and each one weighs 2 oz on my kitchen scale.

I could probably use some on the cake, if I don't play with them all just for fun! :O)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service