I found this one with the Cream Cheese.....NOt the Boss's Cake but one like he uses. Can even make it Chocolate.
Butter (337.5 g / 1 1/2 cups)
Cream Cheese (225 g / 1 bar)
White Sugar (565 g / 3 cups)
Eggs (375 g / 6 pcs)
Vanilla Extract (1 tsp)
All-Purpose Flour (340 g / 3 cups)
Salt (1 tsp)
Rum (3 tbsps)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line two 8″ round pans.
2. Cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
3. Add sugar until light and fluffy (about 5 mins)
4. Add eggs one at a time to creamed mixture, beating well until combined. Mix in vanilla.
5. Combine the flour and salt and sift together. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture in two additions, mixing until just combined.
6. Pour into the prepared tins and bake until golden and tester comes out almost clean (just a few crumbs attached). This will take about an hour or more.
*Note: If you want to make this a chocolate cream cheese pound cake, simply replace 65g of flour with 65g of cocoa powder.
Meghan, if you want a vanilla cupcake, I think that Whisical Bakehouse as the best reipe for vanilla cupcakes. Itried it as a cake once, and didn't like it, butthe cupcakes are the best! Heat oven to 350 degrees
makes 12 cupcakes:
sift into a mixing bowl:
*1 3/4 c. plus 2 tbl cake flour
*3/4 tsp slt
Add and mix to combine:
*1 c sugar
*1/2 c plus 2 1/2 tsp warmed milk (110 degrees)
*2 large eggs
*4 oz ( 1 stick) very soft unsalted butter
*1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Beat at low speed with a whisk attachmnt for 1 mi. Scrape down the bowl. Raise the speed to med.-low and beat for 1 1/2 min.
* 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
Mix at low speed for 30 sec.
Scoop the batter into the prepared molds, filling each three-quarter full. Bake for 18 - 20 min., or until golden brown.
I've been looking for the cake boss recipe also, thanks Melissa!
does anyone have any eggless receipies???
THIS IS THE ACTUAL CAKE BOSS RECIPE. i didn't see one with cream cheese. hope it helps!
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup butter (lightly salted)
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1. Beat eggs in large mixing bowl with paddle attachment for 4 minutes. Do not skip this step!
2. Add sugar, and continue beating for another 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and stir on low until just combined.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add to eggs and sugar on low speed until just combined.
4. In a saucepan, heat milk and butter on low heat just until butter is melted. Add to batter, beat just until combined.
5. Pour into two greased and floured 8" round cake pans.
6. Bake at 325 until the middle springs back when touched, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let stand in pans for 10 minutes. Then turn out onto wire cooling racks and cool completely.
Hint: Cakes are close to being done when you start to smell them.