Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

I want to make some cake balls and I have no idea even where to start. Would love any help from all you great Cakers. Thanks

Views: 237

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Taste of home makes a wonderful recipe for cheesecake balls (pops). I made them for New Years and they were a big hit. I have also heard people talk about mixing cake with frosting then molding it and covering them.
Thank you Shallena, I will google Tase of Home and see what I can fine.
Do you mean Cake Pops??? If so, check out Bakerella.com.
Thats exactly what I meant Diana, I finally got smart..hehe..and googled it and I think there are some recipes on there that I will be trying out and if they turn out okay I will post the recipe on Cakes We Bake. Thanks Diana

Diana Viera said:
Do you mean Cake Pops??? If so, check out Bakerella.com.
You're welcome. I'm making red velvet heart shaped ones now. I've been working on them since Saturday morning and have baked about 200 of them. Once I'm done, have to make the cookies then chocolate dipped strawberries.
Wow, you are keeping busy. Having fun right?

Diana Viera said:
You're welcome. I'm making red velvet heart shaped ones now. I've been working on them since Saturday morning and have baked about 200 of them. Once I'm done, have to make the cookies then chocolate dipped strawberries.
Of course, it involves baking, decorating, etc. I'll post some tonight. I actually have to put a bouquet together tonight for tomorrow so I'll try and post that one up. The rest I have to bring to work and deliver on Thursday.
Photos are up!
I use leftover cake and mix it with buttercream or even better ganache then roll it into small balls about 1" or so and then I cool them then dip them in chocolate. They are very yummy and I have not found anyone who does not like them. You can add some Kahlua, Rum, Coconut Rum etc and it gives them a little kick.

I made some and took them to school one day and was not thinking till I got to school that some of them had alcohol in them and had to leave those out of the staff room! OOPS. They went home with a co-worker after school. Whenever I leave them in the staff room they are gone right away. Great way to use up your left over cake scraps!
Definitely!
Thank you for this Jeri, now that I use the bake even strips I no longer have any cake scraps...guess I will have to bake a cake to make my cake pops.I can't wait to give it a try them out.

jeri c said:
I use leftover cake and mix it with buttercream or even better ganache then roll it into small balls about 1" or so and then I cool them then dip them in chocolate. They are very yummy and I have not found anyone who does not like them. You can add some Kahlua, Rum, Coconut Rum etc and it gives them a little kick.

I made some and took them to school one day and was not thinking till I got to school that some of them had alcohol in them and had to leave those out of the staff room! OOPS. They went home with a co-worker after school. Whenever I leave them in the staff room they are gone right away. Great way to use up your left over cake scraps!
I just realized this is an old post, but there was an article in the October 2010 issue of Midwest living on making bite-size cake balls with some great flavor combinations.  I haven't tried them but did save the article for a rainy day...they look like something fun and different ...and now I see they are putting them on sticks and making the pops....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service