Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Animal Cake Contest:

Enter your animal theme cake by Wednesday, November 30th for a chance to win. Add the photo to your profile. Please include a description of the materials/techniques used to make your cake.

The photo title will be whatever you want to name your picture. To enter the contest, add the TAG 1130 to your picture. 1 entry per person.

All entries will be featured at the top of the photos page. 

Sponsored by The Chocolate Duck

1st place prize: 

MASTER AIRBRUSH KIT - RETAIL VALUE $199

2nd place prize: 

$50 gift certificate to The Chocolate Duck

The top ten cakes will be determined by the number of people selecting it as their favorite with the favorite button.  Voting will take place from Thursday, December 1st to Monday, December 5th. The top ten cakes will be displayed on Tuesday, December 6th. The judges will vote from December 7th - 8th. The winners will be posted on December 9th. 

Please do not solicit votes or you may be disqualified. New member approval will be closed during the voting period.

Congratulations winners:

1st place: Carolyn Riley

2nd place: Iris Rezoagli

Views: 2066

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi All,

I added the Tag 1130 to my 3 tier animal print birthday cake in my photos. If I need to add the picture again - just let me know!   I just wanted to give the moderators a heads up, as I know it is so time consuming to track all of the tags and add them to the contest!  Thank you so much moderators for all of your hard work!

Smiles,

Faith

Shaun The Sheep.  Dark Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Buttercream Filling, Chocolate Buttercream frosting, and fondant.  Fondant was textured and airbrushed.  Fondant scuplpted fence, sign, and shrubbery.  Candy rock wall, graham cracker dirt. Shaun is fondant and cotton candy over inedible armature.  Wire balloon string with blown sugar balloon.

Dani, you need to upload your cake on the front page of CWB. Look for the typewriter where it says add content. It's a quick upload there, or even right where all of the pictures are on the front page. Adding it here will not get it into the contest.

Dani Vellines Startt said:

Shaun The Sheep.  Dark Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Buttercream Filling, Chocolate Buttercream frosting, and fondant.  Fondant was textured and airbrushed.  Fondant scuplpted fence, sign, and shrubbery.  Candy rock wall, graham cracker dirt. Shaun is fondant and cotton candy over inedible armature.  Wire balloon string with blown sugar balloon.

Thanks, I was sitting here trying to figure that out.

So who won?  Can't you post the winners in the spot that advertised the contest?  It woud be nice for everyone here to know who the winners are each contest!

Sandie, I don't know who they are either. It might be because the judges don't all have their choices in.

Sandie Katz said:

So who won?  Can't you post the winners in the spot that advertised the contest?  It woud be nice for everyone here to know who the winners are each contest!

It did say that they would be posted on the 9th.  That's why I asked!  Today is the 10th!

Sandie, please keep in mind that the judges volunteer their services and it is a busy time of year. I'm sure the results will be posted as soon as they are available.

Congratulations, Carolyn Riley - 1st place and Iris Rezoagli -2nd place. 2 really, really amazing cakes!

I apologize for the delay in announcing the winners. When this happens it is because I am waiting to hear from judges and many times there is no clear winner without enough of them returning their input. When you have so many incredible cake entries, so many deserve to win and it's a tough call.

Congratulations to both of you. These are two fabulous cakes. Well done.

I am soooo happy Caroyln won...Just a few weeks ago in class with her I was telling her about this site and how I entered this contest...but I placed mine in the wrong area and was not able to enter it for I found out to late...she never hearing about this site enters it and took first...I am so excited for her!!!!! Congrats, congrats!

Yay Caroline and Iris!!!!!!!! Way to go!! You both deserve the winners circle! Congratulations to the both of you! Whooo Hooo!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service