Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Animal Cake Contest:

Enter your animal theme cake by Wednesday, November 30th for a chance to win. Add the photo to your profile. Please include a description of the materials/techniques used to make your cake.

The photo title will be whatever you want to name your picture. To enter the contest, add the TAG 1130 to your picture. 1 entry per person.

All entries will be featured at the top of the photos page. 

Sponsored by The Chocolate Duck

1st place prize: 

MASTER AIRBRUSH KIT - RETAIL VALUE $199

2nd place prize: 

$50 gift certificate to The Chocolate Duck

The top ten cakes will be determined by the number of people selecting it as their favorite with the favorite button.  Voting will take place from Thursday, December 1st to Monday, December 5th. The top ten cakes will be displayed on Tuesday, December 6th. The judges will vote from December 7th - 8th. The winners will be posted on December 9th. 

Please do not solicit votes or you may be disqualified. New member approval will be closed during the voting period.

Congratulations winners:

1st place: Carolyn Riley

2nd place: Iris Rezoagli

Views: 2066

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Betty - yes, frogs are animals. :)

Betty said:

This is going to sound really dumb, but only until I ask it :)

Are frogs considered animals for this contest? 

I'm making my nephew a birthday cake (he's turning 26) and it will be frog themed.  Since it's been ages since I've been able to do any cakes, I would love to be able to enter this one if it's on theme.

Thanks!

Betty

Thanks Eileen...leave it to me to screw it up...lol

Eileen S said:

Hi Jeannine - sorry about the delay in getting your cake featured.  The problem was you had TAG1130 (all one word) in your title and tags.  I know it sounds picky, but when we run a search on 1130, your cake didn't show up because of that one little detail.  I've featured your cake now (very cute) and changed the tag for you. Good luck!

I tagged one of my photos for the contest on Nov 12th but haven't seen it in the group. I went back and added the 1130 to the tags section istead of the title which i'm sure was the problem. Would you mind checking the my Baby Girl Giraffe photo to make sure I did it correctly to get it entered?

Thanks,

Rosemary Galpin

I just added your cake, Rosemary.  Thanks for letting us know. :)

Rosemary Galpin said:

I tagged one of my photos for the contest on Nov 12th but haven't seen it in the group. I went back and added the 1130 to the tags section istead of the title which i'm sure was the problem. Would you mind checking the my Baby Girl Giraffe photo to make sure I did it correctly to get it entered?

Thanks,

Rosemary Galpin

Thank you Eileen! Have a great Sunday...

I will if the Packers win. ;)

Rosemary Galpin said:

Thank you Eileen! Have a great Sunday...

Did anyone ever catch your post and give you an answer, Angela? If not, I'll see what I can find out for you.

Angela said:

Theresa, I have a question about the prizes for the cake contests.  Being out of the USA I can't buy any of the "special deal of the week" because of the shipping.  Does that also mean anyone outside of the USA will not win any contests because of the price of postage of prizes, or classes that may be a prize.

Thanks Angela

Hi Angela, yes, foreigners can enter. There is no issue with the sponsor about that.

This Wednesday, November 30 is the last day to enter the animal cake contest! Hurry and get them in if you are going to enter.

o i see ok i will add to my profile

Debz, you cannot add your contest photo here. You need to add it on the front page of CWB or on your profile. See where there is a picture of a typewriter on the front page of CWB and it says add content? You can add the photo there and make sure you tag it with the number 1130

Debz Custom Cakes said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service