Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

This is my practice cake. I don't think whipped cream is going to work out :( I don't know how to write letters neatly all naturally.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ebony ~ do you have pics or are you looking to have a question answered? ~ Diana
Trying to figure out how to put pics on my phone. I emailed it I don't know where it is

Diana Viera said:
Hi Ebony ~ do you have pics or are you looking to have a question answered? ~ Diana
Sorry guys u can seed the pic if u go to my page I think. I'm thinking of piping stars all over in white and writing his name in blue( blueberry juice colored whipped cream) what do u think all advice is appreciated

ebony bardell said:
Trying to figure out how to put pics on my phone. I emailed it I don't know where it is

Diana Viera said:
Are you just doing this for yourself or did someone ask for a cake with whipped cream? Buttercream would work best for this cake then you can buy Wilton's templates for letters and press them into the cake and trace them with the blue gel.
None of my family eats buttercream. I don't want blue gel cuz it has artificial colors in it. .........

Diana Viera said:
Are you just doing this for yourself or did someone ask for a cake with whipped cream? Buttercream would work best for this cake then you can buy Wilton's templates for letters and press them into the cake and trace them with the blue gel.
Is there a reason why they don't eat buttercream or is it that they don't like it? There are different types of buttercream and depending how you make it, it will not taste like the canned stuff. Swiss meringue is one that is good and light. I guess you would have to try and experiment with different types of toppings to find one that will agree with everyone.
Not for nothing, but the sprinkles you used on that practice cake have artificial colors in them too, and blueberry juice will give you purple not blue. Whipped cream is hard to decorate with... it's more for that homemade look with the deep swirls and things like that. I second thinking about a meringue buttercream like Diana suggested... it's very much like whipped cream in flavor but it's far less tempermental.

You can find natural food colors too.. India Tree makes them. =]
Really!? The ones on Walmart cakes is what I'm talking about. My family is African and I think in general Africans don't eat icing. I like it ok but do get tired of it and usually scrape at least half off. But I love the non dairy whipped topping from sams but it has partially hydrogenated soybean oil I think. Where can I find different buttercream recipes?

Diana Viera said:
Is there a reason why they don't eat buttercream or is it that they don't like it? There are different types of buttercream and depending how you make it, it will not taste like the canned stuff. Swiss meringue is one that is good and light. I guess you would have to try and experiment with different types of toppings to find one that will agree with everyone.
India tree is too expensive:( but I was just playing with the sprinkle idea I really didn't want those. I love lemon meringe pie and was wondering if there's a way to make a frosting like that. So that meringe might. Work out

Jeanne said:
Not for nothing, but the sprinkles you used on that practice cake have artificial colors in them too, and blueberry juice will give you purple not blue. Whipped cream is hard to decorate with... it's more for that homemade look with the deep swirls and things like that. I second thinking about a meringue buttercream like Diana suggested... it's very much like whipped cream in flavor but it's far less tempermental. You can find natural food colors too.. India Tree makes them. =]

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service