Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

I just finished  a 2 layer sheet cake. What a nightmare!! How do you get the 2nd layer on top without breaking it to pieces? I will be doing a 16" square  layer cake in 2 weeks and I'm  already stressed out!!

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Barbara

Here is how I did it...place the second layer on a cake board with a short edge hanging over the board about an inch...line it up with the bottom layer and then start sliding the top off the cake board and onto the bottom layer...the key is making sure its line up.
Freeze the layers before you place them..they will hold together and defrost in about 30 min. Or line the pan with parchement. After the cake is completely cooled grab the 2 long corners of the cake with parchment and flip the cake over on top of the bottom layer. It helps to refrigerate it first.
Sherry Qualls said:
Barbara

Here is how I did it...place the second layer on a cake board with a short edge hanging over the board about an inch...line it up with the bottom layer and then start sliding the top off the cake board and onto the bottom layer...the key is making sure its line up.
Thanks!!!
Thanks!!!

Karen Marie said:
Freeze the layers before you place them..they will hold together and defrost in about 30 min. Or line the pan with parchement. After the cake is completely cooled grab the 2 long corners of the cake with parchment and flip the cake over on top of the bottom layer. It helps to refrigerate it first.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service