I'm trying out new recipes for buttercream icing. Rather than experimenting with every recipe I find online, I was curious if anyone wanted to share their go-to buttercream. I'm currently using the wilton recipe but, I've gotten some not so good reviews and I'd like to try something new. I wish people would have said something sooner!
me too--I don't think I even have any salted butter in the house.
/??? any1 know how to make the SMBC WITH FLOUR ? I NEED THE RECIPE PLEASE!
its a must try , I know you will love it
art deco cakes by galidink said:
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature) or 1/2 cup hard margarine (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1Place flour in a saucepan. Slowly add creamer and water, stirring to eliminate lumps. Cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool in the refrigerator about 1 hour.
- 2In mixer bowl combine sugar, margarine and vanilla. Beat at high speed at least 10 minutes. Gradually add the cooled flour mixture and beat until fluffy. Yield: 3 cups.
- 3Hitech Cooking.