Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi everyone,

My giant cupcake mould turned up today :-) I couldnt wait to try it. However,mmm,

it didnt turn out quite right! The cake itself is fine. I made sure i greased the both the moulds well as directed on instruction leaflet but a small amount did get stuck. It said to use marg so thats what i used could this be why ?

I cooked it at gas 4 for 35 mins ( the top ) and and extra 10 mins for the base. The cake is lovley. It rose perfectly but maybe a little too soft ?

I was quite impressed for a first go at this !!

I didnt actually have the full amount for the top LOL so it wasnt as big as it should be. But this is a trial run. I should of been more patient and had a trial run tomorow but i couldnt help myself !!

It mentioned using a ' box' mix? which i have to say, would be a little easier for me. But i did expect to make up my own mix. Is a box mix ok ? Are the amounts in box mixes all the same ?

I actually used, for the trial run a couple of packet mixes that a neighbour had given me a while back. I dont usually like using these. 

I thought, rather than wasting eggs,butter,caster sugar etc on a cake that could possibly end up in the bin!  i'd use these instead.

Im sure The Giant CupCake Queen can help me ;-)

But id be so happy for any advise, i shant put a pic of it on as its not perfect ( i decided to ice it and im having a nightmare with that at the moment lol )

Thank for any help

Lisa

Views: 521

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well there both food safe.... and I was in a pinch... and they worked.  Once, I did use a couple of wooden dowels that Steve had in his workshop. I poked the holes with a metal bb-q skewar, wide enough for a large drinking straw. I cut off a small amount on the ends of the dowel, placed them into the straw. Piped royal icing into the straw on either end to "seal" the dowel into the straw,  so no chance of the dowel coming in contact with the cake. Now this wasn't for a customer, just a cake for my family. When the cake was cut, and the straw supports removed, dowel was still incased within the straw.

lol - necessity is the mother of invention!

June Kowalczyk said:

Well there both food safe.... and I was in a pinch... and they worked.  Once, I did use a couple of wooden dowels that Steve had in his workshop. I poked the holes with a metal bb-q skewar, wide enough for a large drinking straw. I cut off a small amount on the ends of the dowel, placed them into the straw. Piped royal icing into the straw on either end to "seal" the dowel into the straw,  so no chance of the dowel coming in contact with the cake. Now this wasn't for a customer, just a cake for my family. When the cake was cut, and the straw supports removed, dowel was still incased within the straw.

Yup

You got that right Katy....  :o)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service