Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi everyone,

My giant cupcake mould turned up today :-) I couldnt wait to try it. However,mmm,

it didnt turn out quite right! The cake itself is fine. I made sure i greased the both the moulds well as directed on instruction leaflet but a small amount did get stuck. It said to use marg so thats what i used could this be why ?

I cooked it at gas 4 for 35 mins ( the top ) and and extra 10 mins for the base. The cake is lovley. It rose perfectly but maybe a little too soft ?

I was quite impressed for a first go at this !!

I didnt actually have the full amount for the top LOL so it wasnt as big as it should be. But this is a trial run. I should of been more patient and had a trial run tomorow but i couldnt help myself !!

It mentioned using a ' box' mix? which i have to say, would be a little easier for me. But i did expect to make up my own mix. Is a box mix ok ? Are the amounts in box mixes all the same ?

I actually used, for the trial run a couple of packet mixes that a neighbour had given me a while back. I dont usually like using these. 

I thought, rather than wasting eggs,butter,caster sugar etc on a cake that could possibly end up in the bin!  i'd use these instead.

Im sure The Giant CupCake Queen can help me ;-)

But id be so happy for any advise, i shant put a pic of it on as its not perfect ( i decided to ice it and im having a nightmare with that at the moment lol )

Thank for any help

Lisa

Views: 521

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks katy ;-) I dont know what im going to do yet, June. The lady wants white chocolate butter icing but, at the min, thats still a problem. I might have to suggest something else or just explain that i cant do it. Need to tell her soon if i cant. Dont like letting people down .

I saw on Youtube, about making chocolate cupcake case by pouriing melted chocolate into the base mould. i thought of using white chocolate but not sure it would be a strong as using milk/dark chocolate ?

I ve googled a few images and also thought of, ( if i can get something sorted to get the butter icing right ) instead of just piping the top, maybe piping roses ?

Although i really do like your idea of doing the paper. :-)

Lis

White chocolate dries just as hard as the dark Lisa.  So if you want to use that method, no reason why it won't work.  :o)

Thanks June, ive still got a little time to decide what im going to do. Been playing around with some ideas, just to keep me busy, Grandad was rushed into hospital fri so im trying to keep busy.

Lisa

First attempt at the piped roses. Would you belive it ? I cant find my new nozzle anywhere !! So used the small one. Still couldnt get the butter icing right, but played a bit anyway..

Looking pretty good Lisa.  How can you have lost your new nozzle already?  Please don't tell me you've done what I have a habit of doing.......clear up and chuck things away by mistake?

btw I don't know if you know of this lady on Youtube  (think she's a member here too), but she is an awesome cake maker and decorator and puts tutorials on youtube.  I was notified this morning of a new one she has done on icing cupcakes.  Edna de la Cruz is her name and this is the link to the tutorial - 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1T4t_ixuzE&feature=em-unknown

Thanks Katy :-)

Umm i think i might have lol    Ive looked absolutly everywhere !! Im trying the thing where, you know, you pretend NOT to be looking for it ? Not working yet LOL .

I was cursing this morning walking round saying out loud '' If i was a piping nozzle, where would i be ? ''

Then it got to the stage..'' Come on, show yourself '' lol

Thanks for the link ;-)

Lis

Your cupcake looks pretty good to me Lisa.   I have lost tips... where to look???   the garbage.   That is where I have usually found them. Tossed out with something else in my hand.  Have "gloved" up, and gone through.  Haven't lost a tip yet.  I have a habit of keeping a large kitchen plate where I put all my tips when I am working. Soon as it comes off my bag, right onto the plate.

Thank you June, 

im going to do that from now on ! I read your reply and ..OMG !!  Guess what?..

It WAS in the bin LOL !! Still in the pipng bag ! Belive it or not, i do have a little box or them all !!

Thank you ;-)

lis x

Yup Lisa..... that's where you usually find them. Especially if they are disposable piping bags!!!!!  When I decorate, I keep two plates, one for clean tips, one for dirty. Had to disipline myself cause i got tired of going through the garbage!!!  Hee Hee....  :o)

So glad you found your tip.... starts costing $$$$ when we lose stuff.....

Ha ! I did actually think about the bin but convinced myself i wouldnt of been that stupid HA!

Just as well it wasnt an expensive one !! I really would of been cursing!

Wish id had of gone through the bin before so i could of tried the roses with the tip ive just been reunited with !

Thanks again

Lis

I think you did a great job on this cupcake!!! Looks great and I bet it even tastes better!!!/Mary

Thank you Mary, ive got another question lol

Im going to make the cake friday,and butter ice and decorate on the sat to deliver it sat afternoon.

Now, how do i store the sponge cake overnight ? Because of the size of it, it wont fit in a tin !! 

Also, i cant find a box big enough to put it in to deliver it either. With one thing and another ive not been able to get one.

Any ideas girls ? Thank for any help :-)

lis

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service