Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi there.  I hope everyone is well.  I was reading about the TLC audition.  I just wanted to wish anyone luck who sent in an audition video. I sent one in.  You can google Jay Qualls TLC audition or Maples Wedding Cakes Audition to check it out.  Who knows what will happen.  Waiting....waiting.....waiting.  I hope I hear something soon.  Good luck everyone.

Views: 462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Best of luck to you Jay. I would LOVE to do something like this but I work full time and don't think September being away from the school would go over real well. So maybe some day for me. For all who enter, best of luck... will be cheering you all on!
Hi Jay, if you want, you can add your audition video here in the video section. (I'm going to look it up any way). Good luck!
That is awesome, I would love to see someone from this community on TV. Please post your video on here. Good Luck and hope you get on.
Hi there. Thank you so much. Can you give me instructions on how to add my video to the site. Still waiting and haven't heard anything yet. I guess no news is good news? :) I can't wait to chat with you all more and get to know you.

Jay

Theresa Happe said:
Hi Jay, if you want, you can add your audition video here in the video section. (I'm going to look it up any way). Good luck!
Hi sorry! I only just saw this message now. Okay, when you go to videos, on the top right side of the page you will see "add video". Click on that and then click the youtube icon on the bottom of the page. (If you are uploading from your computer, just click the "add video" picture in the center of the page and you will be prompted to upload a file from your computer. For a youtube video, once you click youtube, you will add the embed code from youtube. After you click save on the bottom of the page, you can add a title, description and tags to your video. Let me know if you have any trouble.
Good luck, Jay!!!
Jay,
Fantastic! I left you a comment on YouTube as well. Hopefully you will see Theresa instructions and upload it! But for people who can't wait, here is the link. Hurry up Jay!!!!!

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RazDDAfs6dA
Best of luck Jay! A friend of mine got a call from them asking for a video too.... FUN!
Where do I find more information on this??? I take it it's not for amateur's, is it?
Actually, it says on the application that no culinary experience required. I certainly hope not because if I get picked, I'm going to be in big trouble. I've doing cakes for 18 years but I'm completely self taught.
Jay, where can I find all the "specifics" on entering this contest? I am self-taught as welI, so having no culinary skills works for me! :-) I just now saw your video, btw! Soooo funny! I loved it!!! I just figured, what the heck, let me give it a whirl! Not really expecting much since I've only been "seriously" decorating cakes for the past 9 months- a year. But they'd be crazy not to choose your audition video! It was awesome!!!

Jay Qualls said:
Actually, it says on the application that no culinary experience required. I certainly hope not because if I get picked, I'm going to be in big trouble. I've doing cakes for 18 years but I'm completely self taught.
Diana, thank you so much for watching my video. I'm glad you liked it. I hope they think it is funny enough to get called back at least. Waiting is torture.

I honestly don't know if they are still casting. From what I understand, they were casting last week and then they were going to pitch that group to the Exec. Producers. From that group, they were going to pick 15 to do a meet and greet in NY with the Exec. Producers. From that 15, they are going to pick 10 to be on the show.

I got an email from a casting agent. I'm not sure where you would go to see if they are still accepting audition videos or not. I will do sme checking. This is an awesome site! I had no idea it existed. I'm glad I ran across it. Thank you for your support. I hope I make it and I think you should take a shot at it! What do you have to lose? If they don't choose me, someone will eventually! I'm going to do this or die trying! LOL

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service