Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

This is Serious Cakes'  Buttercream Recipe... This is the one I use.  Everyone loves the taste of it and it crusts nicely.

Buttercream Frosting

Ingredients
22 tbs salted butter, softened (about 3 sticks)
2/3 c. shortening
5-8 tbs heavy cream
2 tsp clear vanilla
2 lbs powdered sugar (about 8 cups)
1-3 tbs corn syrup

Instructions
Cream together butter and shortening until smooth. Slowly add 2 tsp. vanilla and 5 tbs. heavy cream. Gradually add the powdered sugar and scrape down the bowl very well once it’s all added. Slowly add more cream and corn syrup a tbs at a time until frosting reaches desired consistency.

Views: 10243

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't know where in Arizona you are from, but I have been to Tuscon & Sedona with my husband on business. He use to go to Tuscon every year for Environment Canada. He is retired now. I LOVED it their and want to go back. So much I didn't get to see. Want to go back to the Grand Canyon.

♥Cat♥ said:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flouredapron/

Here's my photos.. 

Thanks for telling me about the private settings.  Is it okay now?  I tried some different settings.

June Kowalczyk said:

Oh by the way Cat. I guess you know your page is set to "private". This means no one can see any of your cake photos. Sure would like to see them.

I try this buttercream frosting and it just break when I slicing the cake..what am I doing wrong?

Gosh, I don't know.  I've never had that happen to me and I've been using this recipe for two years.

Patricia Sweetland said:

I try this buttercream frosting and it just break when I slicing the cake..what am I doing wrong?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service