Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi all!  

One of our members is desperately searching for a tutorial on sculpting a dog from cake - specifically a Springer Spaniel!  Does anyone have any brilliant ideas where we might find one (preferably video)?  Or has anyone already done something like this and could help out?

Any contributions gratefully received, thank you!

Views: 1132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Definitely the way to go I would say.  Make your cakes (lots of them lol), stack them, freeze or at least very chill them then carve. Don't forget to dowel your cakes for support or it's going to collapese.  You could either cover in fondant and then texture it the way Eliza Strauss did, or you could pipe it in buttercream using the grass tip.  That's going to take a while, but depends on what you're most comfortable with.  I don't think you'll have any problem sculpting, bearing in mind your Darth Vadar! Maybe search Google for clipart or line drawings of Springer Spaniel or Border Collie to use as a guide for shaping?

ty Katy i have a headace just looking around yes you advice is great only thing i can do now is just jump in and wing it lol.

Berlynda, it takes awhile to get used to that site but there are soooo many tutorials on there.  I usually go there first and then if I can't find anything there try to find it elsewhere.  Good luck

ty Goreti much appreaciated.

Go for it kiddo - you'll do great!

Berlynda Stachel said:

ty Katy i have a headace just looking around yes you advice is great only thing i can do now is just jump in and wing it lol.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service