Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

I am finding my royal icing is soft , and I am not sure if its from the heat of my hands , or the recipe ? I do know the peak is to stand up ! or is it better to use parchment bag , !

Views: 849

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They look pretty good too Gail.  Which do you think has given you the better finish?  I would expect it to be the Royal Icing, but you never can tell lol!

art deco cakes by galidink said:

a few photo of the over lay piping practice with wiltons fluffy frosting!
art deco cakes by galidink said:

thank you Katy , I just did some in wilton fluffy white , I had 2 box's of it in my stock for about 1 & yr's , its gross ! so I figured i'l play with that , !2 box's I only added 1 cup of ice water , but it called for 2 , but it seemed to pipe nice ! i'l post and show you !

Gail, I am so impressed.  It looks wonderful.  Can't wait to see what you come up with using your new skills!

I like the fluffy wilton finish

thank you Goreti  I am having FUN

OK DID MORE PRACTICE PIPING , ; ? WILTON FLUFFY STUFF MELTING AS I WAS PIPING ; (( BUT THIS IS WHAT I WAS TRYING !

Attachments:

Great job Gail.  I can see that your icing is melting a little as it goes, but your piping is terrific.  The cake looks lovely

thank you Katy ! I just finished a royal icing practice ! I used 2lb's PS 1/2 cup meringue powder plus 1 tables , , 3/4 teas, of cream of tartar ,  1/2 teas van , tip # 16 for the barrel & rope , and tip # 2 for the blue strings 1/2 plus cup of water more as needed, posting now ! its a very stiff so I will loosen it up a bit , but I have 6 cups to play with

Katy Nott said:

Great job Gail.  I can see that your icing is melting a little as it goes, but your piping is terrific.  The cake looks lovely

practice piping ! ok now I need a plan !

Attachments:

ok that post did not work ?

Attachments:

These are all looking great, Gail!

thank you Linda, will do a little more today than a plan for a cake I will draw up , that will be a job ! lol

working on an idea , , is this how you would do it LINDA ?
Linda Wolff said:

These are all looking great, Gail!

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service