Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi newbies, 

Welcome to Cakes We Bake. Please introduce yourself here.

Views: 8246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

oh no . my sister in law gets them also . she gets so sick . she cant get out of bed . i think thats  i am better off haveing MS  than migraines. thats awfull , her and my brother went on an all natral diet . health foods and no white breads . and she is doing much better , as for wieghts . i do have them . lol never use them . but i do all the labor around here . like painting , replacing floors . , nailing , screwing ,fixing up , snow shoveling , fixing all whatever ,  cleaning the yard , so i think of that as therapy. lol .

June Kowalczyk said:
When I said weight, I meant "Lifting" weights. 5 lbs perferably.  For your arms & leg strength.  Massage therapy can be pricey here too. I have insurance, but it doesn't cover the whole amount.  I get severe migraines. Thought they would be gone after menopause, but they are not.  Don't get them as often, but still get them

gail dalessio said:
i do take vita D . my wieght is not so bad . last time i was wieght i was 132 thats after being on steriods . , for my astama , if i am not on it for my  MS  i am on it for astama , change of seasons do me in . and we have had the whole mo. of sept rain . so all is moldy outside , damp wet . yucky . ... yes dry temps and warm i do better ur rite .   as far as if i can afford therapy . no cant ! lucky i can get my scripts . lol . i do live alone . oh . with my moms dog and my 2 . i was taking care of my mom in her mobile home for 3 yr's till she past last april , now i am alone . my man comes to see me on wke's . i cant go back to my old apt with him . its too yucky there . after being here for 4 yr's now , i like it . so he is keeping my apt  in ny . and all my things are  there . when he retires he will come live here i guess , lol .( i do like liveing alone) . lol . . oh well guess i could go on . but . what the hell . i am very happy , love caking . and talking with all my new friend here . and looking at all the styles , awesome is'nt it .  

June Kowalczyk said:

You should look into vitamin D.  New research shows high doses help.  Seems countries closer to the equator,  Hot countries, ie: India for example, have very small % of the population with MS.  Colder climates, much higher rate.  They think the warmth/sunshine has something to do with it.  Vit D is the "sunshine" vitamin.

Also excercise & weights are so important for the muscles.  Keeping them strong.  You can't control nerve damage that has already occured, muscles will be affected there, but strength training with weights & excercise really helps keep what you have.  And massage therapy, if you can afford that Gail, it really does help. 

gail dalessio said:

June Kowalczyk said:

Hey Gail

I just retired from doing homecare, 20 yrs., in the community.  I worked with a lot of MS clients. I only kept one friend from my clients, and she has MS.  Before I retired, I was with her twice a day,  5 x's a week.  When I started taking care of her, she could walk, but sadly she is now in a electric wheelchair. I recognized the typing cause that is how she types too. Unfortunately, she has a virulent type of MS.

How do you find decorating with your hands?
gail dalessio said: oh some times its hard . i try not to think about it . i was in a wheel chair for a while and dipes , ,, haveing black outs all kinds of nasy stuff , had braces also , , but i said to myself , i will not take any more of thease shots every day and i will walk with out all this s~~t . and i did . my mine is keeping me going now . saying to myself go girl , ,,,,i take some meds but not like i used to , i was takeing like 15 pills and a shot every day . i am down to 8 . and no shots . and felling much better with out all them meds, i still trip over my own feet . walk with a walking stick out side due to the ups and downs in the ground. my hand get stuck some time ,s , were i cant open them or move my fingars . . i think thats why i am so slow with doing my cakes . but my love for doing it keeps me going any way . going to try to keep going well into my 80's maybe 90's he he .

thank you . i love doing it . i thought my love was in my florist . but i truly love designing cakes . wish they had a spell check , i have MS  some of the time i can spell , than some times i go blank . lol
June Kowalczyk said:
By the way, your cakes are beautiful.  You are very talented.
I have had migraines since I was 13 yrs. old.  I have passed through the worst of it.  i use to be in bed when I had one.  Throw up....etc.  I eat pretty healthy, and excercise, and I have a drug that stops the migraine before it gets too bad.  I can also control the pain with ibuproven.  If it is really bad, I use tylenol #3 & fiorinal....those are heavy duty.  Don't hardly use the heavy stuff anymore.  At my daughters's for Canadian Thanksgiving...so heading out now to buy turkey fixin's
o
gail dalessio said:
oh no . my sister in law gets them also . she gets so sick . she cant get out of bed . i think thats  i am better off haveing MS  than migraines. thats awfull , her and my brother went on an all natral diet . health foods and no white breads . and she is doing much better , as for wieghts . i do have them . lol never use them . but i do all the labor around here . like painting , replacing floors . , nailing , screwing ,fixing up , snow shoveling , fixing all whatever ,  cleaning the yard , so i think of that as therapy. lol .

June Kowalczyk said:
When I said weight, I meant "Lifting" weights. 5 lbs perferably.  For your arms & leg strength.  Massage therapy can be pricey here too. I have insurance, but it doesn't cover the whole amount.  I get severe migraines. Thought they would be gone after menopause, but they are not.  Don't get them as often, but still get them

gail dalessio said:
i do take vita D . my wieght is not so bad . last time i was wieght i was 132 thats after being on steriods . , for my astama , if i am not on it for my  MS  i am on it for astama , change of seasons do me in . and we have had the whole mo. of sept rain . so all is moldy outside , damp wet . yucky . ... yes dry temps and warm i do better ur rite .   as far as if i can afford therapy . no cant ! lucky i can get my scripts . lol . i do live alone . oh . with my moms dog and my 2 . i was taking care of my mom in her mobile home for 3 yr's till she past last april , now i am alone . my man comes to see me on wke's . i cant go back to my old apt with him . its too yucky there . after being here for 4 yr's now , i like it . so he is keeping my apt  in ny . and all my things are  there . when he retires he will come live here i guess , lol .( i do like liveing alone) . lol . . oh well guess i could go on . but . what the hell . i am very happy , love caking . and talking with all my new friend here . and looking at all the styles , awesome is'nt it .  

June Kowalczyk said:

You should look into vitamin D.  New research shows high doses help.  Seems countries closer to the equator,  Hot countries, ie: India for example, have very small % of the population with MS.  Colder climates, much higher rate.  They think the warmth/sunshine has something to do with it.  Vit D is the "sunshine" vitamin.

Also excercise & weights are so important for the muscles.  Keeping them strong.  You can't control nerve damage that has already occured, muscles will be affected there, but strength training with weights & excercise really helps keep what you have.  And massage therapy, if you can afford that Gail, it really does help. 

gail dalessio said:

June Kowalczyk said:

Hey Gail

I just retired from doing homecare, 20 yrs., in the community.  I worked with a lot of MS clients. I only kept one friend from my clients, and she has MS.  Before I retired, I was with her twice a day,  5 x's a week.  When I started taking care of her, she could walk, but sadly she is now in a electric wheelchair. I recognized the typing cause that is how she types too. Unfortunately, she has a virulent type of MS.

gail dalessio said: oh some times its hard . i try not to think about it . i was in a wheel chair for a while and dipes , ,, haveing black outs all kinds of nasy stuff , had braces also , , but i said to myself , i will not take any more of thease shots every day and i will walk with out all this s~~t . and i did . my mine is keeping me going now . saying to myself go girl , ,,,,i take some meds but not like i used to , i was takeing like 15 pills and a shot every day . i am down to 8 . and no shots . and felling much better with out all them meds, i still trip over my own feet . walk with a walking stick out side due to the ups and downs in the ground. my hand get stuck some time ,s , were i cant open them or move my fingars . . i think thats why i am so slow with doing my cakes . but my love for doing it keeps me going any way . going to try to keep going well into my 80's maybe 90's he he .

thank you . i love doing it . i thought my love was in my florist . but i truly love designing cakes . wish they had a spell check , i have MS  some of the time i can spell , than some times i go blank . lol
June Kowalczyk said:
By the way, your cakes are beautiful.  You are very talented.v

enjoy ur shopping trip . be safe

June Kowalczyk said:

I have had migraines since I was 13 yrs. old.  I have passed through the worst of it.  i use to be in bed when I had one.  Throw up....etc.  I eat pretty healthy, and excercise, and I have a drug that stops the migraine before it gets too bad.  I can also control the pain with ibuproven.  If it is really bad, I use tylenol #3 & fiorinal....those are heavy duty.  Don't hardly use the heavy stuff anymore.  At my daughters's for Canadian Thanksgiving...so heading out now to buy turkey fixin's
o
gail dalessio said:

June Kowalczyk said:

gail dalessio said:

June Kowalczyk said:

gail dalessio said:

June Kowalczyk said:

Hey Gail

June Kowalczyk said:
By the way, your cakes are beautiful.  You are very talented.v
hi every one im new here andwondered where i cud go for recipes for decorating tech and ingredents i seem to keep missing peeps on chat i havea boys tank to do for nextweekend andwondered wot wud be best feeling and how to do it from scratch finished product il put on here see wot u all think
i guess you could ask theresa happe . or go to serch look for boys birthday cake tank .

Hi, my name is Lorraine Stewart, I am from Glasgow in Scotland. I am a newbie to cake baking and decorating (just about 1 year) I am absolutely loving it and all the cakes I have seen on here are amazing. Happy to be part of cakes we bake community, I'm sure I will pick up some helpful tips and hints along the way. Such a fab site.... Thank you. Regards Lorraine. 

wellocome , i am new at baking and decoratiing also , and i love this site . awesome cakes all the diffrant styles . love looking at them every day . every 1 is so friendly
and nice on this site . , its the best site i have found . cant wait to see your cakes, have fun caking , gali ;  )
Lorraine Stewart said:

Hi, my name is Lorraine Stewart, I am from Glasgow in Scotland. I am a newbie to cake baking and decorating (just about 1 year) I am absolutely loving it and all the cakes I have seen on here are amazing. Happy to be part of cakes we bake community, I'm sure I will pick up some helpful tips and hints along the way. Such a fab site.... Thank you. Regards Lorraine. 

Hiya, thank for wellcoming me to the site. I Wonder if I could ask you a question....Last night I went onto the chatroom just to ask someone about photos I had added, I was hoping that I had added them to the gallery of photos for all to see, but I think I added them just to my page.. could you help me please and tell me how to add them to one of the groups of photos.. Much appreciated and many thanks.

gail dalessio said:
wellocome , i am new at baking and decoratiing also , and i love this site . awesome cakes all the diffrant styles . love looking at them every day . every 1 is so friendly
and nice on this site . , its the best site i have found . cant wait to see your cakes, have fun caking , gali ;  )
Lorraine Stewart said:

II I NEW AT THIS TO . i go to my pg . and were usee add thats were i go , and it pops up on the bottom of the pg to upload you pic's ,download ! hit that . than they will be on ur pg . and on the photo pg . also , thats how iv been doing it ,

Lorraine Stewart said:
Hiya, thank for wellcoming me to the site. I Wonder if I could ask you a question....Last night I went onto the chatroom just to ask someone about photos I had added, I was hoping that I had added them to the gallery of photos for all to see, but I think I added them just to my page.. could you help me please and tell me how to add them to one of the groups of photos.. Much appreciated and many thanks.

gail dalessio said:
Lorraine Stewart said:

Ok Denise

Try googling Tank cake on internet or on You Tube.  You should be able to find detailed instructions of some kind 

denise wills said:

hi every one im new here andwondered where i cud go for recipes for decorating tech and ingredents i seem to keep missing peeps on chat i havea boys tank to do for nextweekend andwondered wot wud be best feeling and how to do it from scratch finished product il put on here see wot u all think

Welcome Lorraine

I am from Canada, but my Mom was from Scotland.  Enjoy the site.

Lorraine Stewart said:

Hi, I joined a while back. I'm just a dabbler in this craft. I hope to learn to so some simple cake sculptures for the grand kids.  any suggestions would would great.   happy decoratring!!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service