Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Check this out! You can't beat it for the price and it's food safe. Only $15.99
https://www.youtube.com/user/SweetWiseInc

Views: 666

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw this advertised on facebook... however doesn't it look like 2 pieces of the heavy vinyl that you can buy at Walmart for $3.49 or so???? I have not had good luck with the vinyl at all but maybe this is something better. I love my Ateco silicone mat but it is way more expensive than this!
I love my Ateco mat also and I also move my fondant over the cake in the same manner. It is my number one caking toy.

jeri c said:
I saw this advertised on facebook... however doesn't it look like 2 pieces of the heavy vinyl that you can buy at Walmart for $3.49 or so???? I have not had good luck with the vinyl at all but maybe this is something better. I love my Ateco silicone mat but it is way more expensive than this!
I love my Ateco mat too. I was looking for a spare as I cut my first Ateco with an Exacto knife. I'm going to pick one up. :)
i also saw this on cc, and it does look like vinyl, you can buy it in a variety of thicknesses, just wondering is there any kind of a slight finish on it to make the fondant not stick, they were also concerned if regular vinyl is food safe, oh i'll google it. looks great though
It is like the vinyl you can buy in crafy stores with the exception this one is food safe and has a patent pending on it. I like the fact that is specifically food safe.

diane kilgore said:
i also saw this on cc, and it does look like vinyl, you can buy it in a variety of thicknesses, just wondering is there any kind of a slight finish on it to make the fondant not stick, they were also concerned if regular vinyl is food safe, oh i'll google it. looks great though
Regular vinyl isnt food safe because of the chemicals used to make it.....be very careful when buying it in the craft stores...this seems very reasonable considering the amount you are getting for food grade vinyl....
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who did this! I'm so sad about the hole!

Keegan Luvs Cake said:
I love my Ateco mat too. I was looking for a spare as I cut my first Ateco with an Exacto knife. I'm going to pick one up. :)
That's why I am purchasing this mat because it food safe. :) I was sick when I did it Theresa!!
Must be contagious! I cut my first one when I was cutting a hunk of fondant off of a 20 lb bucket... so I cut it in half and use it for all my little projects... and purchased a second one that I am very careful with!!! Let us know if you like this one when you get it!!!

Keegan Luvs Cake said:
That's why I am purchasing this mat because it food safe. :) I was sick when I did it Theresa!!
I think I'm going to get this. I like that it's see-through. That makes centering the fondant on the cake easier.
I liked that feature too! I liked how you see if you had thin spots you could see the light come through because of the mat being clear. I saw that the mat also comes with markings too.
I love this Mat. It looks like its vinyl but, a better version of it. Regular vinyl, I have a terrible time trying to roll it like she did in the video as well as keeping lil creases and folds out of it. I'm going to have to invest in this mat. Thanks so much for sharing. Does anyone know where to purchase it? She didn't mention it in the video, unless I missed it. Thanks again.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service