Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

This discussion is for everyone to introduce themselves. Let us know where you from. I'm from High Point, North Carolina. And have been making cakes for about a year but only seriously for about 4 mnths now.

Views: 1299

Replies to This Discussion

Hi everyone I am Kathy from Tyler, Texas. I took all three Wilton classes a little over a year ago and I haven't stopped baking since then. I absolutely love it.

hi all

I'm new here.  I've been making cupcakes for years but moved to cakes a couple of months ago and I'm from County Clare Ireland :

Welcome Annmarie

Hope you enjoy the site.  :0)

hi I'm from Lahore Pakistan and have been baking cakes for a long time but started decorating them for the family for then a year :) still struggling though :) my teacher is the u tube i hope to learn the techniques from u all

Welcome Amina.  You are not the only one who is still struggling.  I feel like it's a struggle with each cake I decorate.    I just had a battle with fondant but I think this time I came out the winner.  Had to change the design but what the heck.  It's a free cake for my niece's 16th birthday.  This is a wonderful site and you will find that most of us are just like you.  We are still in the learning stages.

Hello Amina

Welcome. You will find friendship and help here.

I think as decorators at whatever level we struggle. I made 2 batches of icing the other day and had to throw both of them away. I have made this icing so many times, and I still have no idea what I did wrong!!!!!   What a waste of good ingredients. So frustrating. If I knew what I did wrong, that would help. Now I am concerned about trying again.  I also am a self taught decorator for the most part. YouTube, online tutorials etc...and of course help from my CWB friends.   :o)

I am from Rock Springs,Wyoming! I am currently taking a Wilton cake decorating class at our local community college. So, far I have been to two classes. I am having trouble with my techniques...pressure, decorating...ect! I really hope that some of the other member's on this website can help me out :)

That is what we are here for Kori.....  ask away....  :o)

Thanks for the warm welcome:) I hope to learn a lot from u all

Hi to all!  I am in South Mississippi.  Decorating cookies was my first love and then I took my first Wilton class...I didn't stop until I took all four.  That was a year and a half ago.  I bake and decorate for family and friends.  Then as I collected more and more "things" my husband began working on the idea of converting two areas of the house into a commercial kitchen.  But that is a slow project and really okay for now....as I still have two years before retirement.  Not wanting to turn something I enjoy into something I dread.  But worse case scenario is that I will be left with a fabulous kitchen overlooking our pond/lake.   One of our daughters also loves to bake and decorate and I will patiently wait to see what the Lord may have in store.   I, too, am glad to see others like me with passion in one hand and sugar in the other.  I can certainly continue to learn!

Hi Brenda

Welcome. See you have been a member for a little while. Hope you are enjoying the site and are finding it useful. Envy you going to have a commercial kitchen. Be nice to have your daughter work with you. Love my daughter to bits, but 2 of is in the kitchen.... no way... 2 of us decorating.... way, way, No Way... hee hee     :o)

hi my mane is Annie Whitton i am from Toowoomba Q.L.D Australia  i have been cake decorating for 12 months but am still very much a amueter look forward to getting lots of tips on the site and hopefully lots of friends to happy baking and have a great day 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service