Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

This discussion is for everyone to introduce themselves. Let us know where you from. I'm from High Point, North Carolina. And have been making cakes for about a year but only seriously for about 4 mnths now.

Views: 1299

Replies to This Discussion

Wow we have people from everyone glad to have each and everyone of you in my group. Welcome.
Crystal, do you know any Stricklin's from Florida?

Crystal Stricklin said:
Wow we have people from everyone glad to have each and everyone of you in my group. Welcome.
I'm from N IL. I got into this to make my daughters 2nd birthday cake. I pretty much just dabble in the hobby. I have only taken the first wilton class and the rest has been self taught from sites like this and dvd's.
I am in PA, and I am just about to finish up with the Wilton course 1 on Monday! I have been playing around decorating cakes for a little while. Need much more practice at it! But love it!
I am from Kingston, Jamaica...I am trying to "get back in the game"...it's not easy beacuse I have a job that takes up so much of my time...plus I hope to be back in College May...so I really won't have much time to practice and take orders...but I still want to learn...i'm thinking of opening a bakery...i need to determine the niche...so that i can move forward...i will appreciate any tips that i can get.
Hello ~ I am in MA. I took the first Wilton class about a decade ago when my kids were babies. I've been decorating on and off since then but recently decided to 'step it up' a bit and make them for others. The response has been great and I'm looking forward to learning more techniques. My dream is to do this full-time but as a single mom it probably won't pay the bills!
I am originally from Daleville, AL but through the military my family now resides in Puyallup WA (Ft. Lewis). I took my first Wilton class Feb. 2009 and have been hooked ever since! I am excited about this site and all of the helpful information everyone is willing to share! THANK YOU!!!! I have the gum paste/fondant flowers class to take but I have purchased books and constantly look at sites to practice practice practice!! I am a stay at home mommy of a 2 1/2 yr old so time is a factor but hopefully I can start an at home business with cake making!
I'm from Collinsville, Illinois. Been taking classes at Michael's & just starting the 3rd course working with fondant. I am so excited & can't wait to try it. I enjoy doing this so much. Look fwd to asking questions & seeing others going thru the same challenges as me.
Hello Cakers!
I am from Fort Worth, TX. I have been cake decorating off and on for almost 2 years now. When my daughter passed away in March of 07 I needed something to occupy myself. In 2008 almost a year later I decided it was time to try and focus on something other than the pain of losing my sweet angel. That is when I signed up for a Wilton cake class.
Now I make cakes for family and a few friends. I have recently received requests for a wedding cake and a baby shower. These would be my true first paying customers if I was allowed to sell cakes out of my home. Texas law prohibits this so they are going to purchase the supplies and I will just donate my time.
I have just recently contemplated on applying at a bakery as a assistant to gain more experience. I wonder what all of your thoughts are this.

Happy Caking!!!
Hi, I am in N. WI and I have been baking since I was a kid...I have taken 1 class so far through the local college, was disappointed sort of..all we did was learn how to make different kinds of flowers....I can make a fairly descent Rose..lol...Had I known that you could go to school to be a baker back when I graduated HS....I would have done it....I would love to start a bakery, not sure how...right now I bake just for family and a few friends...does anyone know of the legalities of baking out of your home and selling??? another question I have, I am a scratch baker and am looking for cake recipies that hold up when making custom cakes...it seems some of my ckaes break apart easily....On some of those tv shows (Cake Boss) their cakes seem to be firm enough to handle.....Thanks
Hi everyone! I'm from the mountains of NC and have been doing cakes on and off for about 10 years, but only seriously for the last 2 years. I'm self taught and loving all the ifo I find on this site.
Hi, I am Jennifer Ponder & I live in Northern Tn. My husband is in the Army. I work part time & have two daughters 6 & 8. Cake decorating was always a hobby of mine when I was a teenager. I have gotten tired of working outside the house & decided to pick up my love of cake decorating again & develop my hobby into a home based career. I'm learning to play with fondant & gumpaste. I took a class on it back at the end of Jan & found it to be extremly easy, except for the rolling part (LOL). I look forward to all the information I am going to be able to get from this site. Thank you

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service